What's new

New Hobby.. Coin Cutting

olekyground

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
1,565
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey friends...

I seen a website about a month ago that showed a guy making jewelry from coins.
So I thought Hey I can do that. Heres one of my first ones I made. Still learning but I thought it turned out ok. This was a chinese 35th anniversary coin.
 

Attachments

  • sippy cup and more 176.webp
    sippy cup and more 176.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 373
  • sippy cup and more 179.webp
    sippy cup and more 179.webp
    124 KB · Views: 459
  • sippy cup and more 176.webp
    sippy cup and more 176.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 271
  • sippy cup and more 179.webp
    sippy cup and more 179.webp
    124 KB · Views: 280
Years ago I saw something similar done to a Walking Liberty half dollar. It was really neat looking. Have fun but save the silver shavings. :icon_thumleft:
 
Back in the 70's, when I was doing silversmithing and turquoise jewelry was popular, I used to do that same thing.
A small drill bit, a jewelers saw frame, a couple of dozen blades, a steady hand and lots of patience.

Best,
Scott
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom