What's new

NEW Hunter 2 Month Total!

Bigj5731

Full Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
I have been hunting for coins for two months (mostly halves). The following is what i have found so far in my two months:

40% Kennedy Halves - 189
90% Kennedy Halves - 10
Ben Franklin Halves - 1
Liberty Halves - 1

I have also found an uncirculated roll of 1971 Kennedy Half Dollars.
Along with 2 roosevelt silver dimes, 16 Ike's, and 2 susan b. anthony's


If anyone knows any banks in west michigan that have free coin counting machines (machines where i do not have to roll my coins back up) please let me know.


Thanks,

Good luck hunting!
 
Upvote 0
How much have you searched (in $$ or coins)?
 
I dont have an exact count of coins searched through, but it is somewhere around 3,500 dollars worth.

I got lucky to find six rolls of 40% silver halves.
 
Not a bad start at all. Good job and welcome.

Golden Silver
 
When you say west Michigan, are you talking Grand rapids area? Because on the east side here TCF has coin counters in all their Branches.

Mojo
 
Thank You for the welcomes!

I'm very excited to get involved in this.

Yes i am talking on the west side Grand Rapids. I knew there were some banks on the east side of the state, but the closest one is 90 miles from where I am.

Thanks for the tip though, if I ever make it out to the east side ill use them.

Any advice, tips, or ideas on dumping rolled coins off at banks?

Thanks,

Eric
 
Bigj5731 said:
Any advice, tips, or ideas on dumping rolled coins off at banks?


The ultimate hookup is to check with your Bank to get the heavy mylar bags that the banks use to ship coin out and see if they will accept your bagged coin. Some here have that deal and it's the best way to go.....

Mojo
 
Piercesdad said:
nice start

Yes nice start; mine was a Brinks Box in march it had 264 in it 8 were %90's, June & July were terrible months for us don't think we found 80 coins in those 2 months, but we have closed out our August with 128 ounces. Since starting in March we have acquired just over 360 ounces, 2300 Halves
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom