New Hunter

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been amazing reading through some of these threads the past few days to see how well a lot of you have done! I just began the hobby about 2 weeks ago with a small bankroll (~$150/day) and have had some positive results here and there. I've searched about $700 in Halves and got 5 x 40%, all in the same $100 of CWRs. I've done about $600 in dimes and got 2 - 1963 Rosies, and also about $600 in Nickels and found 4 war nickels. In my first $200 worth of nickels I got the war nickels and thought they were a pretty fun search, but I've got nothing since....I think I'll be giving the nickels a rest for a bit.

I'm looking forward to this week as I plan on ordering my first box of halves!

I've read a few of you posting about scoring some silver from tellers trays...how do you go about doing this? Do you just ask the teller if they have any silver rimmed coins in their tray? Or is it just a good relationship you've built with certain tellers and they save those for you? I don't want to ask and then they look at me like I'm crazy.

This has been a great hobby as my job has me traveling from town to town in about a 25 mile radius with a company car, so I plan my day with bank stops included! I just wish I would have discovered this hobby a while ago!

HH
bblair

Upvote 0
bblair said:
I've read a few of you posting about scoring some silver from tellers trays...how do you go about doing this? Do you just ask the teller if they have any silver rimmed coins in their tray?

you don't want to do that. Just ask if they have any halves (or other coins if you spot some silver in their trays) and buy what they have and check for any silver yourself.

But some others have mentioned having good relationships with tellers and sometimes the tellers do save coins in their trays for them - so if you can establish a relationship like that that's great but otherwise it's usually best not to mention the word silver (maybe just say old or anything that looks unusual).

Good luck & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back