New Jet Design?

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
So, I came up with a design for a jet that I'd like some input on. All manufacturers currently just notch a piece of tubing and weld it at an angle for the input. My idea is to take a piece of tubing for the input and flatten the end of of out to about 1/4"-1/2" then rap it around the main tube, notch it to fit, and weld it in.

Take for example 6" jet with dual 2" inputs. Flatten the 2" input down so the opening is about 1/4". Then it would wrap around the 6" tube about 5.5" rather then just 2", yet still have the same flow and pressure as just a round 2". (I havnt done the math so this is all just guesstimation)

Here are a few pictures of terribly drawn sketches to help you get the idea.

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0101-1.jpg

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
For the record, I'm about as far from being an artist as you can get :tongue3:

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Actually, I guesstimated all wrong. Flattening a 2" tube only becomes about 2.75" wide. But if you would flare out it may still work........ Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Flare them out and wrap them around 1/2 the 6" tube. That way you have water injecting 360 degrees around the 6".

I wish I had more time available to do some r&d. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Ok, can't stop thinking. The area of a 2" circle is 3.14". So if I flared out a 2" tube down to 1/4" think, to have the same area the original 2" tube it would need to be about 12.5" wide.

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
I'm not talking about a twin jet. Yes, it would have twin jets but it inject the water into the log completely around it.

Thanks for the link ncclaymaker, that's a good read. I have heard of the infinity jet but havnt seen an actual picture of it. I've seen pictures of guys who made an "infinity jet" but there designs restricted flow much like that t-fitting on that jet above. I don't think I've actually seen an original infinity jet.

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great idea in need of modification to simplify the water delivery system. Schmidt and/or Gould may have created the Infinity Jet, but they created a design that proved to be difficult to use or impliment in the field. I suspect that your initial design may create too much turbulence and uneven water flow within the pipe itself. But, I'll get back to you with a picture of a plastic model. You initial idea has provocked a thought train for a simpler solution.

Best regards

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ancient design utilized by Examino,Dahlke,and many others gone by the wayside also. MUCH better design here on this forum back in August for a homie couple jet with MUCH superior suction copying the Gold Divers old design-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think what you were looking to experiment with or try to design was actually in two of the pictures that I posted a day or so ago. Check out the details on the nozzle these two blokes are using. Looks somewhat similar in the design principal that you may be think of. If not maybe someone can tell us how their power jet is functioning?

Best regards, design on!

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Two pictures worth a thousand words each. I guess that a few working "relics" still exist.

Best Regards...

trilex55

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings from Switzerland. I am new here. Have a look at this new powerjet.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's looks like a "peri-jet" similar to the Infinity jet. They were used to de-water flooded compartments e.g ships,buildings.

Snyder3411

Greenie
Dec 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a original gold divers couple jet 300 my uncle left me when he passed away and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it might be worth

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a original gold divers couple jet 300 my uncle left me when he passed away and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it might be worth

I have replied to you on the other thread that you have started about this couple jet.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On this forum thread :

http://bb.bbboy.net/alaskagoldforum-viewthread?forum=2&thread=1000

A member called Muley mentions a talk with Reggie Gould that :"He refers to the "Infinity log" in his articles which in a conversation that I had with him when I purchased a 4" model is the same a the "Gold Divers Couple jet" only difference the infinity was his design/build which turned out to be the same a the couple jet which is / was patented. "

So that's an account for the difference between Couple and Infinity jets.
These jet logs employ the same principles to work.

Last edited:

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread