New Land

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
For years I drooled every time I went by some land north of town. It was on a high bluff by a creek and it was planted in pine trees several years ago About a month ago I discovered that it was owned by a friend of mine. I asked him if he would mind if I looked it and he said no. I figured that weeds would probably have covered the land. When I got there I walked a fire break and found this point and another with a broken tip. There were lots of chips in the fire break. I found seven or eight food plots, some of which were not too thick to look. There were chips in most of them. Hopefully I can look them the next time they are planted. I can not imagine how much I would have found if I could have looked it when the pines were planted.

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice point! I planted at least 250,000 pines in your area many ears ago. Clearcut / burn sites were great for finding relics.ou might want to talk to your local foresters about any recent or upcoming burn sites. steve

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Nice point! I planted at least 250,000 pines in your area many ears ago. Clearcut / burn sites were great for finding relics.ou might want to talk to your local foresters about any recent or upcoming burn sites. steve

Thanks for the information.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe in next winter the weeds will die off for you. Nice point

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread