What's new

New Legend 2

Sandog

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
2,219
Reaction score
5,574
Golden Thread
0
Location
Treasure coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone got there hands on the new Legend 2 yet? If, and when, you do let those of us in the Legend Legion know what you think. Is it a giant leap forward? Are the improvements worth the extra bucks?
 
Anyone got there hands on the new Legend 2 yet? If, and when, you do let those of us in the Legend Legion know what you think. Is it a giant leap forward? Are the improvements worth the extra bucks?
It hasn't been released to the public yet.
 
Thanks. On the Nokta website it lists by state the dealers who have it. Looks like they are just taking advance orders. Quarter Hoarder video says the initial test units had some issues that have been rectified already. Looks to be interesting, but I'm still learning the original!
 
I love my original! Just not totally sold on the 99 vdi, I have an equinox 700 and prefer the 60 vdi on my legend.
 
I saw some YouTubers testing it. So far, all they'll say is that it has improved target response. One of them showed a 10" deep silver dime with the Legend and Legend 2, and they both sounded similar. I'm going to have to see vast improvements to get me to spend $1000.
 
I got one. I like it so far. It is lighter and feels a lot like the manticore did. The screen is slightly bigger it seems. Well made and comes with 2 coils. An 12 inch and an 8x5 elliptical. It was storming today so I was not able to give it a spin in my test bed.


But so far I really like it.
 
I got one. I like it so far. It is lighter and feels a lot like the manticore did. The screen is slightly bigger it seems. Well made and comes with 2 coils. An 12 inch and an 8x5 elliptical. It was storming today so I was not able to give it a spin in my test bed.


But so far I really like it.
Thanks bigtim. Really looking forward to your initial outing report. Have you used the original Legend?
 
Thanks bigtim. Really looking forward to your initial outing report. Have you used the original Legend?
Yes I have had both the 1st legend with the round 11 inch coil, the 2nd variation of it with the different arm cuff and carbon fiber rod as well.

I liked the original legend paired with the lg24 coil the best and I also liked the round original stock coil over the elliptical larger one of the 2nd variant.

So in my test garden the legend 2 did surprisingly well with the 8x5 elliptical coil. I was very surprised at the depth of it.

I have a .58 caliber civil war bullet buried at 10 inches in my test bed. There is a small amount of iron trash in the hole as well.

The legend surpassed the manticore paired with the m9 coil on that bullet with flying colors!

The original legend with the lg24 coil had a hard time getting that civil war bullet.

With that said I do believe the legend 2 has better performance than the original legend.

What I do not understand is why it does not seem more popular. There are not very many people using them on YouTube and the forums seem to be kind of quiet on them too.

It will separate as well as the manticore does.

I have a musket ball between 2 large square nails in my test bed. The legend will pick it out as good as the manticore.

I believe the legend 2 is as good or better in performance in my soil for less money than the manticore is.

I do not know how well it will perform in ground with a higher mineral content.

I will get out on a real hunt as soon as I can but the weather is going to have to break some.
 
Minelab is passing out the Manticore's like crazy to any youtuber's that will take them. I know for sure that the first Legend is better than the Equinox 900, and I know it also gives the Manticore a run for it's money. Minelab is marketing the Manticore better.
 
Minelab is passing out the Manticore's like crazy to any youtuber's that will take them. I know for sure that the first Legend is better than the Equinox 900, and I know it also gives the Manticore a run for it's money. Minelab is marketing the Manticore better.
Yes they have always pumped a lot of money into advertising forever. That's why some think they are the best....lol

They make some decent units for sure and I have owned a bunch but I want what works the best now.
 
es they have always pumped a lot of money into advertising forever. That's why some think they are the best....lol

They make some decent units for sure and I have owned a bunch but I want what works the best now.

The Legend finds more stuff than any other detector I've owned. For a long time, my Lobo Super Traq was the most productive, but the Legend blew it away. I'm going to get the Legend 2; I need to sell or trade in a couple of other detectors first. I'm running out of room on my detector wall. :icon_scratch:
 
Took it out today for the first time on a site I hit pretty hard on with another unit. I am not familiar with the numbers yet so I dug all of the solid numbers or numbers that only varied a few digits. .

That place is full of all kinds of iron bits, small metal flashing, can slaw and other odd and end trash.

I did not find anything worth posting other than 26 cents in clad.

It runs good and deep. I was using the 8x5 coil and it performed well. I found lots of stuff but nothing wiggled out that my other unit missed.

However the legend 2 did lock on targets well and pinpointing was very good.

I did not have to use the sensitivity all that high..I ran it on 20 to 22.

I got rained on several times but the machine worked great.

I did experience the bug in which you press the pinpoint button with no sound a couple of times....all I did was just re engage the pinpoint feature again.....no real big problem there.

I like it ...it is a good machine so far. No weird emi issues and I was near power lines. I did not even have to do a noise cancel.

That's about all I can share so far!
 
Seems like there should be more reviews. It's like it just went silent..
I would love to see some more good head to head with theL2, Manti and D2. I was waiting for the L2 to come out but ended up with the D2.
Well you certainly did not go wrong by any means with the Deus 2. I have one as well

I did not even know the legend 2 had been out for a while until I saw that coffee bush kid YouTube video that is in Australia.

Then I started poking around a bit and saw Calabash had some videos of it.

It really is a good machine for the money....dang good actually.
 
I was a final field tester for Legend 2. I was not allowed to compare it with Manticore or Deus 2 due to NDA conditions, just Legend 1 and the Equinox series.

As much as I was a lover of the Equinox 600/800, I did not care much for the 700/900. It was way too unstable where I detect and I got rid of my 900 within 4 months of buying it. Legend 1 was simply better in every way. Legend 2 takes that "better" even further.

Listen to what bigtim1973 is saying. His initial performance impressions are exactly right. So are his thoughts about design, build,
ergonomics and quality.

Legend 2 is a real step forward, no doubt about it in every way. Those steps forward are not earth shaking leaps compared to Legend 1 but everything is noticeably better, period.

If your Legend 1 is starting to show its age, is out of warranty and you can afford to give it a well earned break, Legend 2 will not disappoint. A friend of mine with an out of warranty Legend 1 recently had her unit crap out. The battery had imploded and ruined the mother board. $250 repair. Even though she has found some amazing things with that Legend 1, she is wondering if she made the right decision.

The 99 VDI scale is just not a problem as far as stability with Legend 2 running its latest software version which comes installed on every public release Legend 2.

Like bigtim1973 said, there is a weird issue with the pinpoint function sometimes. Many times when I press the pinpoint button I get no pinpoint audio, just target ID numbers and pinpoint graph activity. Going out of pinpoint and trying again fixes it. It's annoying. I noticed something similar on the Equinox models occasionally too but in the other direction which Minelab never fixed. My ears would get blown off sometimes by the overwhelming pinpoint audio even when there was no target under the coil. Going out of pinpoint and trying again would fix it.

Also, there is a long lag time around 3 seconds when changing from one search mode to another search mode. Again, it's annoying but not a big deal and a software update should fix both minor issues.

Issue a software update please Nokta!!!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Legend 2 to anyone.
 
Last edited:
I was a final field tester for Legend 2. I was not allowed to compare it with Manticore or Deus 2 due to NDA conditions, just Legend 1 and the Equinox series.

As much as I was a lover of the Equinox 600/800, I did not care much for the 700/900. It was way too unstable where I detect and I got rid of my 900 within 4 months of buying it. Legend 1 was simply better in every way. Legend 2 takes that "better" even further.

Listen to what bigtim1973 is saying. His initial performance impressions are exactly right. So are his thoughts about design, build,
ergonomics and quality.

Legend 2 is a real step forward, no doubt about it in every way. Those steps forward are not earth shaking leaps compared to Legend 1 but everything is noticeably better, period.

If your Legend 1 is starting to show its age, is out of warranty and you can afford to give it a well earned break, Legend 2 will not disappoint. A friend of mine with an out of warranty Legend 1 recently had her unit crap out. The battery had imploded and ruined the mother board. $250 repair. Even though she has found some amazing things with that Legend 1, she is wondering if she made the right decision.

The 99 VDI scale is just not a problem as far as stability with Legend 2 running its latest software version which comes installed on every public release Legend 2.

Like bigtim1973 said, there is a weird issue with the pinpoint function sometimes. Many times when I press the pinpoint button I get no pinpoint audio, just target ID numbers and pinpoint graph activity. Going out of pinpoint and trying again fixes it. It's annoying. I noticed something similar on the Equinox models occasionally too but in the other direction which Minelab never fixed. My ears would get blown off sometimes by the overwhelming pinpoint audio even when there was no target under the coil. Going out of pinpoint and trying again would fix it.

Also, there is a long lag time around 3 seconds when changing from one search mode to another search mode. Again, it's annoying but not a big deal and a software update should fix both minor issues.

Issue a software update please Nokta!!!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Legend 2 to anyone.
I did read your write up on the legend 2 several times. I appreciate the in depth analysis of your write ups very much......we need more of this type of overviews instead of just videos of depth and so called 3d test. Real world use is always different due to location and what interference is present within the area.

On yesterday's outing I was getting a little frustrated at first because all I was finding was small bits of metal flashing, pull tabs and other odd and end junk. Then I realized this was not the machines fault but the location that I was detecting. It had nothing to do with the legend 2 itself.

So I then started to pay attention to how deep the items were and also the amount of nails and other small bits of iron that was in the hole with the target I was after. After putting the elusive old silver coin or Indian head penny hopes behind me I realized how well the unit was actually performing. It was raining on an off as well.

I am well pleased with my purchase of it!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom