What's new

New Legend 2

"I was a final field tester for Legend 2. I was not allowed to compare it with Manticore or Deus 2 due to NDA conditions, just Legend 1 and the Equinox series."

Think we will ever get a good comparison, or is everyone sworn to secrecy at pain of the loss of their first born for doing so?
 
"I was a final field tester for Legend 2. I was not allowed to compare it with Manticore or Deus 2 due to NDA conditions, just Legend 1 and the Equinox series."

Think we will ever get a good comparison, or is everyone sworn to secrecy at pain of the loss of their first born for doing so?
That's a good question.

Technically, I am still under that NDA and Nokta recently made that clear to me in an email.

I tried to be fair when I compared Legend 2 and the Equinox 900 and how they perform here where I detect. That was the target that Nokta picked for Legend 2. Their direct target was not Deus 2 and Manticore.

Legend 2 needs a software update to adjust a few things. Lots of owners are requesting this but Nokta hasn't done it yet. Among a couple of other minor things, Legend 2's default iron filter settings are too aggressive even on its lowest setting. That makes deep non ferrous targets at the edge of detection have more iron responses than they should depending on ground mineralization.

When Nokta release a software update that includes an iron filter change, I will test Legend 2, Manticore and Deus 2 head to head on the moderate to high magnetite ground in my area. Right now here anyway, Manticore vs Deus 2 as far as depth and how hard they hit deep targets, Manticore wins by an inch or more on wild targets with both units using 11" coils.
 
I am gonna say this, I like the legend and I like the Deus 2. I don't think the legend 2 is going to miss much at all. I did a legend 2 vs Deus 2 short video but since then I have added another target to my test bed. So now I am using the legend 2 and the icon x in the test bed with the new target at the end.

The smaller elliptical coil on the legend 2 act similar on the last target as well.

But just to be honest for the money I would pick the legend 2 over the Deus 2 and manticore because of price vs performance.

You are not going to get but about 5% less in performance with the legend 2 compared to the Deus 2 and manticore. Plus you get 2 coils.

You can tell I am a little bit disappointed in the results on the last deep dime as well.

I took about 10 minutes before I started the video to try the profiles, which multi frequency resulted the best and also recovery speed to show the best results with the legend 2.

I think at the end the reason the icon x hit the last target better is probably due to the smaller coil on the icon x.

However the elliptical did act similar on the same target.

Maybe the new 9 inch coil will hit it better

This is it with the stock coil vs the icon x with the Deus 2 coil



 
Interesting. After running the legend for a long time. For me, it finally came down to park 2 providing the best performance overall. It was my go to. I hunt parks, fields and yards. It always outperformed field mode.
 
Interesting. After running the legend for a long time. For me, it finally came down to park 2 providing the best performance overall. It was my go to. I hunt parks, fields and yards. It always outperformed field mode.
So far that's the best settings I could come up with for that test.

The legend 2 is a lot different to the 1st one. It performs much better imo than the first one ever did.

Also the 8x5 elliptical it comes with hits the deeper targets much better than that lg24 coil ever did.

If you have been thinking of getting one I believe you will like it.

That guy on YouTube called wicked digger has been showing a lot of outings with the legend 2 and he is finding some good stuff too.
 
oh no....
I dont need to buy anything else. I need to find enough to pay my way out of the hole I've dug investing in this D2 set up first. Besides. I love my D2. I have finally got to where we work together good now.

I could never go back to the Legend1. The L2 still looks good though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom