What's new

New Looking Regimental Button - Bugle backwards

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
2,917
Reaction score
85
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Ran across this button in a box of stuff helping a neighbor clean out his father's house. Looks like a modern type button but I have no clue. All the military ones I am familiar with have the bugle across the bottom, and the bugle facing the other way - Rifleman buttons for example.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • Horn2Front.webp
    Horn2Front.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 458
  • Horn2Back.webp
    Horn2Back.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 314
I got more.

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • Numbered4.webp
    Numbered4.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 293
  • Back11.webp
    Back11.webp
    73.6 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0
Yeah, I looked at those and I agree they are close. They were as close as I could find but even knowing the origin, etc. I still couldn't find anything else. And they don't look that old. ???

Thanks!!

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
I agree with that assessment. The only problem is that I can't imagine the French not marking - or making the makers mark - their buttons in French. Every been to France???

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
I agree with that assessment. The only problem is that I can't imagine the French not marking - or making the makers mark - their buttons in French. Every been to France???

Daryl
No never been there but I think Fonson Freres is in French. (The backmarks not listed but freres is mentioned).

http://www.buttoncountry.com/ParisBackData.htm

Ah I see it may also say Bros. in English next to it. Hard to see. Can you tell us the backmarks?
 
Upvote 0
It may be "Fonson Tresse" That would work.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
I found "fonson freres" on google but the links wont come up.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it may be this. What you think?

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • FrenchDragoon.webp
    FrenchDragoon.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 0
Me too. I'm looking at them and wondering if they are a great deal to turn and burn or not. I'm just too far out of my comfort zone here.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom