New Member and new to MDing

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: New Member and new to MD'ing

welcome.

Ya...it's kind of fun to dig...never know what you'll find. I like to think the chicks dig it.

I overheard my wife telling a friend on the phone the other day "yeah...he has a metal detector...he's a geek...but he's my geek". :)

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX

Welcome to TN. It's a good place. Nice you included your photo. Great smile. When do the braces come off? ;D

Daryl

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70

Welcome to Tnet...and good luck on your hunting....let us all know how your hunts go.
HH
Baggins

OP
OP
Cajunman

Cajunman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2007
South Louisiana

BioProfessor said:
Welcome to TN. It's a good place. Nice you included your photo. Great smile. When do the braces come off? ;D

Daryl

LOL. the braces are off and the rest is in a couple hundred pieces in my shop.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used

Just remember that when you go to put it back together, there will ALWAYS be more screws, nuts, and bolts than you started with. Just put them in a little box and start a collection. Happens all the time so you will have some spares if you need them. ;D

Daryl

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

well if their not lots of folking doing it ---great that means lots of prime virgin places for you to dig at---and thats not a bad thing at all---it can be a hard hobby at times ---some of those "I 'll go buy a detector and find $4 million in treasure next week and retire types" have a rude awaking when they find out how tuff it really is and often times just how "rare" those good "strikes" are---but you seem to not be of that mind ----set happily---- so get to finding stuff already and posting photos of it --lots and lots of photos-- ;D ;D Ivan

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70

Welcome to the addictive hobby and to the 2nd addictive hobby of TN - nowhere else can you see other finds fueling your desire to hunt more and more. :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Hello Cajunman, & welcome to the site and the hobby...
I look forward to seeing your post...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

P.S.> Great looking car in your avatar...

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2

Welcome to Tnet cajunman,cant wait till we see your first finds. HH & GOOD LUCK

~Shawn~

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Welcome to TNet. Great place to get advice, tips, and check out everyones finds. I have only been Dtecting for a month and the information from this site has been very helpful. Look forward to your postings and pictures are always wanted.
HH Roy

OP
OP
Cajunman

Cajunman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2007
South Louisiana

BioProfessor said:
Just remember that when you go to put it back together, there will ALWAYS be more screws, nuts, and bolts than you started with. Just put them in a little box and start a collection. Happens all the time so you will have some spares if you need them. ;D

Daryl
There will be plenty nuts and bolts left over. I have a compete new set. I'll just throw them in a park where all those MDers go. LOL :)

OP
OP
Cajunman

Cajunman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2007
South Louisiana

ivan salis said:
well if their not lots of folking doing it ---great that means lots of prime virgin places for you to dig at---and thats not a bad thing at all---it can be a hard hobby at times ---some of those "I 'll go buy a detector and find $4 million in treasure next week and retire types" have a rude awaking when they find out how tuff it really is and often times just how "rare" those good "strikes" are---but you seem to not be of that mind ----set happily---- so get to finding stuff already and posting photos of it --lots and lots of photos-- ;D ;D Ivan
I'm not getting rich but clad is popping out the ground like crazy from the school yards.. Alot cheaper than car restoration. Well so far anyway. I'm sure that will change in time.lol

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used

There will be plenty nuts and bolts left over. I have a compete new set. I'll just through them in a park where all those MDers go. LOL :)

Now that's funny. It'll get you killed but it's funny. :D

Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread