New member...just registered today...

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Hello all! Just signed up on the board today. I've been wanting to get into Metal detecting for awhile now, my fiance just got me a detector for my Birthday last week. She got me a Garrett Ace 250 and I've already been out 5 times with it now. Haven't found anything old yet, all clad, modern coins. I went to a small park/playground today and was there for about an hr. I found the coins in the pic. just today.
I live in New Jersey and I found an old map online of an area I want to go this weekend. There is a small lake in a park and on this map it says it use to be a swimming beach...it's from 1925! Hopefully lots of good stuff there!

Attachments

• money small.jpg
    money small.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 365
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
welcome to the forum! good luck at the old swimming beach and dont forget to post your finds!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum.Nice finds! WTG!!

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast
Welcome, I use an ace 250 also it is a good lightweight detector, after you get used to the settings you may want to look into getting the sniper coil, it is smaller but great for use in areas that have lots of trash.. there is also a pro coil (larger) that will give you more depth

Good Luck- Happy Hunting

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
MF,

welcome to the forum.

Good luck with that 250, lots of folks have them
here on the site.

Hope your hunt goes well at the old lake/park.

have a good un........................

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello and welcome to TN!
Thanks for sharing these finds,
hope to see much more from you soon.
Good luck this weekend,
watch out, you might get addicted...lol

Smiles!
BDoo

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to the forum....any clad is good clad.....

HH
-GC

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! That Ace 250 is a really nice machine for the price, if you get into relic hunting, you might consider getting that 12" coil, it will add a little more depth. NJ is a great state to be detecting in, lots of old areas there. HH and good luck, Mike

OP
OP
MetalFury

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Thanks for the welcome all! I plan on posting on here alot as I plan on going out with the detector alot! :D Once again thanks...seems like a great, friendly bunch of people on here....

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Hey MetalFury! Looks like you're really on your way. Check back here often; I'm sure you will find lots of insights and tips when you find yourself frustrated or curious and we're always here when you need a shoulder to cry on after an exhausting day of freeing pull tabs from their earthly bonds. Of course, we're here, too, when you want to brag and boast! And that is most certainly going to happen for you!
Ruth

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Welcome MetalFury,
When I was a kid, I lived on 5 acres in S. NJ. Remnants of an old farm built about 1900. Lots of barns and out-buildings. Rumor was that the original owner didn't believe in banks and when he died there was $20k unaccounted for in his estate funds. One day I was burying a rabbit in the garden that the dog brought home and deposited by the back door. Wanted to go a little deeper than the garden was usually plowed so the dog wouldn't dig it back up again. I hit an old clay sewer pipe at about 18" in a place where there shouldn't have been one, so I kept digging and there was a flat rock at one end, so I dug the other direction and found a rock at the other end of this 24" piece of clay pipe. Well, I knew I had found the lost $20K, but alas the pipe was empty, but it had obviously been a hiding place. Boy would I like to go over that place with a metal detector now. Couldn't afford one back then and just got very lucky digging the hole. The old home is a long way away and belongs to someone else...... I might go back some day and ask permission to hunt. There is probably buried treasure all over the place, all you have to do is take the time to look and who knows what you will find. With the history of NJ, you are probably just sitting on piles of treasure ;)

Happy Hunting.......

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Welcome To The Forum, Best Of Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 195
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 185

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome MetalFury,

Don,t overlook areas close to you. Get used to talking to strangers. And hunt as much as you can. Looking forward to your posts.

Ed Donovan

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You picked a great forum to join, Metal. Welcome!

Read everything you can. There's lots of information about the Ace 250 on here. Practice, Practice, Practice and you'll be a pro in no time. Good Luck! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread