Tenderfoot
May 8, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Need to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello :icon_thumright:

I am recently retired and need a new hobby. Watching YouTube videos of metal detecting have peaked my interest and I would like to start metal detecting for the exercise involved, as well as possibly finding something interesting. I came across this site by accident and read several pages on King Solomon's Mines on this site, which was literally fascinating to read !

I have been watching videos on people who detect and they all seem to really enjoy the hunt ;)

I live in Southern California near Temecula/Murrieta area. I have about a $200-$300 budget limit to purchase a new detector with. I am absolutely a "newbie" when it comes to metal detecting, so I would need a detector that is fairly easy to set up / operate and searches for various types of metals.

Please advise on where to purchase (online / offline) and recommend a brand and model, thanks !!

Are there any hunters in So Cal that might want to get together to show me how to hunt, once I have purchased a unit? I would appreciate it. I am usually available just about anytime, now that I have recently retired.

I have had a couple of back surgeries, so I have to watch what I do when carrying/laboring in the field for any serious length of time. I am able to do most things, but have to take breaks every now and then to let my lower back rest. I have hardware installed in my spine due to a lower (2) disc fusion.

Using a detector that is lighter in weight will help in your recommendation as well.

It is nice to meet everyone and I look forward to your recommendations. Thanks !!

Eddie

Welcome to Tnet Eddie. There are a few md dealers who are members of Tnet. GL friend..

MG_127.gif
Eddie

treasureman (2).jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back