Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello prospectors,
I haven't started searching yet. I am doing the research. I am planning on searching for gold. I plan on searching California and Arizona. This is a good site. Thanks everyone for all the informative.
...and the journey continues.
Tom Emery
Well, Tom, I' no prospector, but what I've seen from reality shows and videos..., there's 95+% very hard field work/prospecting and study of the land/geology + inve$tment of gear. Then there's a HUGE amount of LUCK (<5%) .....if you're lucky...! :laughing7:
There is gold prospecting corner, somewhere in this forum, or you can hook up with someone in your state, (eg a club) - Good Luck! Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
Tom Emery

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
Well, Tom, I' no prospector, but what I've seen from reality shows and videos..., there's 95+% very hard field work/prospecting and study of the land/geology + inve$tment of gear. Then there's a HUGE amount of LUCK (<5%) .....if you're lucky...! :laughing7:
There is gold prospecting corner, somewhere in this forum, or you can hook up with someone in your state, (eg a club) - Good Luck! Happy Hunting!
Thanks for the encouragement? Ha ha.
The way I figure it, I get to exercise my mind doing all the research. I get to exercise my body moving tons of dirt and rock. I get to exercise my bank account, keep my doctor, my mechanic and my dog happy. Not too sure about my wife, but heck, she jumped on my sailboat and cruised for four years and we're working on 16 years together. I have no illusions.
I bought a fly fishing set up...back up hobby. The German Shepherd, Jake, is mine. Ginger, the neighbor's dog, is his girlfriend.

Attachments

• 20210228_150537.jpg
    20210228_150537.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the encouragement? Ha ha.
The way I figure it, I get to exercise my mind doing all the research. I get to exercise my body moving tons of dirt and rock. I get to exercise my bank account, keep my doctor, my mechanic and my dog happy. Not too sure about my wife, but heck, she jumped on my sailboat and cruised for four years and we're working on 16 years together. I have no illusions.
I bought a fly fishing set up...back up hobby. The German Shepherd, Jake, is mine. Ginger, the neighbor's dog, is his girlfriend.
Tom, A Big Welcome to the Tnet forum from Georgia and Best of luck to you in your search for gold. I like the pic. of the dogs. The looks on their faces seems to be saying: "go ahead, crawl through a window............p l e a s e. Lol

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Mr. Sandcrab,
I've done a lot of things for work and play. I figure that hanging out in nature doing active things is not a bad way to retire. I guarantee I will retire every night...like a rock.
Say hello to Jake, my rescue Shepherd. View attachment 1990389
great looking young man and companion.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from the Blue Mountains of northeastern Oregon (also gold country, but winter is coming on fast now)!

OP
OP
Tom Emery

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
Welcome to the forum from the Blue Mountains of northeastern Oregon (also gold country, but winter is coming on fast now)!
Thanks Arfieboy,
Good looking dog. When we get up that way I will give you a heads up. My dog, Jake, is very friendly.
Best to you.
Tom

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread