New Metal Detectors & The Economy ....HELP ME UNDERSTAND

Have you purchased a new metal detector in the last 60 days? If so what make?

• White's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minelab

• Garrett

• Fisher

• Tesoro

• Total voters

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Re: New Metal Detectors & The Economy ....HELP ME UNDERSTAND

when I bought my DFX I didn't even think of the economy.
when someone buys a corvette, do you think they thought about the economy?, I doubt I bought mine as a way to relax and get away from the daily grind and stress.
did money have something to do with my purchase? yes and no, yes they took my money, no I wasn't worried about it.
you can't take it with you, but, get the best you can afford, so that it will last a long time.
just my 2 cents worth

Sniffer

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro

Well, haven't bought it yet, but I'm planning on gtting another Minelab. I don't drink, don't smoke. and don't do illegal drugs. Therefore my extra money can go to ME, and if a nother 'tecter is what I want, "need" doesn't really cloud the picture.
I work fairly hard for my money, so a new toy isn't unreasonable.
Another Sovereign or an Explorer2 won't break the bank but might give me a chance to take some friends with me on a detecting trip.

grizzly bare

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Once again - No Bounty Hunters invited... another disappointment.

>:(

I guess only SERIOUS hobbyist can participate in this discussion.

OP
OP
Johnny Cache Hunter

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montana Jim said:

I would have put Bounty Hunter detectors in the survey, along with others, but the form doesn't allow any more to be entered. Apparently poll questions can only have a limited number of choices. Given that fact I went with (1) The two brands that I already own, (2) the brands that I considered to have a large market share and (3) since I was trying to tie in large $$ purchases and the economy, the brands that were typically more expensive.

Don't let that stop you from adding in your two cents. I especially love to hear peoples thoughts about the economy, whether people are truly not spending, if people spend without thinking and then get themselves into trouble, thoughts on the housing mortgage crisis, cost of living pains, the need for familys to have two incomes today just to keep pace with expenses, or any other thoughs and insight. The connection to detectors was just because it seemed to be flying in the face of the stories reported by the media and simply to peak interest given the nature of the board. ;)

BOUNTY HUNTER DETECTOR USERS WELCOME

Johnny Cache Hunter

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Johnny Cache Hunter said:
Montana Jim said:

I would have put Bounty Hunter detectors in the survey, along with others, but the form doesn't allow any more to be entered. Apparently poll questions can only have a limited number of choices. Given that fact I went with (1) The two brands that I already own, (2) the brands that I considered to have a large market share and (3) since I was trying to tie in large $$ purchases and the economy, the brands that were typically more expensive.

Don't let that stop you from adding in your two cents. I especially love to hear peoples thoughts about the economy, whether people are truly not spending, if people spend without thinking and then get themselves into trouble, thoughts on the housing mortgage crisis, cost of living pains, the need for familys to have two incomes today just to keep pace with expenses, or any other thoughs and insight. The connection to detectors was just because it seemed to be flying in the face of the stories reported by the media and simply to peak interest given the nature of the board. ;)

BOUNTY HUNTER DETECTOR USERS WELCOME

Johnny Cache Hunter

Thanks JCH! :)

More people own BHs than any other brand - but because they are less expensive we are always at the end of the lists... that's what I reacted to.

I appreciate yer kind response.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Interesting topic. We have lots of problems in this counry but...I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. 8) I guess the economy matters but this world will always be divided into the, "Have and Have Nots". Tesoro Deleon in a couple of weeks.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kas said:
Been married 26 years never had any credit card debt . We decided that we'd never make more bills than one or the other of our checks per month couldn't pay. It's worked out great. We saved lots.

Play it smart from the start.

Ditto, but married one year longer. Our C.C. has a $2K limit and we pay it off every month. Took out a mortgage for the house and currently that's our only debt load and we had enough down that either of our jobs could pay all basic bills including the mortgage (though we did have a boat loan at one point). Drove some $200 cars in the beginning and did without a lot of things. Still using a dial-up Internet service at home 'cause I'm cheap!

When you save up ahead to buy something (as I have for all my detectors & equipment) "the economy" has nothing to do with it. If I'm employed vs. not is what makes the difference. Been laid off twice (plus quit once with no job lined up) and that's no fun 'tall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread