traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing a bit of research but it's not been easy to find places to metal detect in New Mexico. Anyone have any locations they like metal detecting at for military, old coins, or just anything pre 1960. Anything would help
Good luck with your search. I live in Tennessee but love the New Mexico area.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing a bit of research but it's not been easy to find places to metal detect in New Mexico. Anyone have any locations they like metal detecting at for military, old coins, or just anything pre 1960. Anything wou
I've been doing a bit of research but it's not been easy to find places to metal detect in New Mexico. Anyone have any locations they like metal detecting at for military, old coins, or just anything pre 1960. Anything would help
We Metal Detectorist here in the WESTERN USA have a difficult time because a lot of AMERICA's inital history came out of the EAST COAST, those folks have it made. Sure, some history was made out here . We here in the WEST must research closely to find old mine sites, rendevous areas, Old Trails/Abandoned Railroad track,Military forts, maybe Homestead sites if we're lucky. Finding Gold with your detector is a lot easier I find but again you've got to find out where is a good spot for that is. Even city parks if allowed.
l

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Chihuahua a couple weeks ago and on my way home I noticed that they plowed the field next to Pancho Villa State Park home of Camp Furlong. The camp dump is in that field as were some of the buildings. Bet something turns up after they harvest whatever they planted. I have been traveling that road since 1967 and don't ever remember that field being plowed.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A field of dreams! Get your permission now before others can take it away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread