Attachments

• The_Launch_of_the_SE.jpg
    The_Launch_of_the_SE.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,641

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE tell us it is totally waterproof to a 100'

Trez

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bscofield6 said:
So Jeff.... are you going to upgrade to it anytime soon?

Only if they send me a Free-Bee ;) which I won't hold my breath :P

I'll wait & hear the User Reports for about a year.

Not " Field Tester Reports " User Reports.
Field Testers have reason Not to be too Critical

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
bscofield6 said:
So Jeff.... are you going to upgrade to it anytime soon?

Only if they send me a Free-Bee ;)

I'll wait & hear the User Reports for about a year.

Not " Field Tester Reports " User Reports.
Field Testers have reason Not to be too Critical

I am waiting for that as well..... and I was hoping that YOU would be one of the user reports, haha ;)

But I think it will probably be a great machine if they listened to what everyone wanted and needed in a machine.

Hopefully it will have better overall coin ID capabilities for those days when you just want to clad shoot in the local trash filled park.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is Willing to listen to its Customers.

I also have no Doubt there will be Improvements.

I just can't see Upgrading, unless there are Major Differences myself.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Minelab is Willing to listen to its Customers.

I also have no Doubt there will be Improvements.

I just can't see Upgrading, unless there are Major Differences myself.

AGREED 100%

I am not having a problem finding coins right now, so I'm not in any rush to get a new machine.... Unless it actually says: "This is GOLD, dig this signal" haha

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
I'll consider upgrading if the new one weighs half as much as the old one. I'm getting tired of strapping on that swingy-thingy to take up some of the weight. It seems like some people think your a terrorist or something with straps over your shoulder and around your waist.

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
I would up grade only if my coiltek coils and Sunray probe that I already own will fit.I only hope they havent done a gimic like they have with the EXTERRA where you can only use minelab coils. We will see Seeya Neilo ;D

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
I'm willing to put 10bucks on that its as big an improvement over the ex2 as the ex2 was over the xs- i.e. not a huge one! But it might give me a chance to get a good bargain on a used ex2 ;D (or a super bargain on an xs)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I havn't checked Prices, But Places like Kellyco, Are Probably trying to Get rid of as Much Stock as possable in the Next 10 days.

OP
OP
rjnail

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
this is what i read so far,, on the "SE"

1. New “logical” Main Menu format, re-arranged “selections” to make browsing easier with one hand.
2. Now displays two separate screens, Smartfind and Digital – Learn and Edit screens now accessed through Main Menu.
3. New pin point –VCO type rising sound with improved volume on deeper targets.
4. New Iron Mask scale – now displays Ferrous range from 0 – 31 and AM = All Metal.
5. Fast turn on, quieter/faster turn off.
6. Audio 1, 2 & 3 are now Long, Smooth & Pitch Hold respectively. Pitch Hold similar to the BBS series of detectors.
7. Faster loading of User settings.
8. Factory preset Gain now set to 8 (used be 5)
9. Stabilized Threshold in high-trash environments.
10. New larger fonts.
11. New updated detection results on Fer and Cond in Pin Point mode.
12. Improved behavior of the Depth indicator during detection and pin pointing.

Hardware changes include:

13. New colour, style and appearance.
14. New thinner, lighter coil with better balance (weight reduction 60grms)
15. New front keypad decal
16. Current consumption reduced by 8% approx. prolonging battery life increasing run time by 1 – 2 hrs.

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why in the heck don't they water proof this model.............
They would take over the world of metal detecting as we know it........hands downs it would be the hottest machine out there...if one really learns how to use one.
It can't be beat on Gold rings...

Trez

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
Trez said:

Cause that would actually cost money and require work to be done. This is a purely profit driven "upgrade" at best. I own an Ex2 and a XS and if they would have actually made something new I would have bought it, as it is I am already done upgrading my Ex2 into a SE model... (Switched coils and changed my GAIN setting to 8 from 6...) ;D Minelab just lost $1200 from me...

Cheap ba$tards.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trez said:
They would take over the world of metal detecting as we know it........hands downs it would be the hottest machine out there...if one really learns how to use one.
It can't be beat on Gold rings...

Trez

They are looking at profit margins.....

They already have what most people consider to be the best machine for the water, their Minelab Excalibur, so why compete with that? That would honestly make no sense at all. Sure it makes perfect sense to us when we are paying for it, but not from a business standpoint. Why make it into an all-uses machine when you can have two machines and sell both of them. I have an explorer and an excalibur, so it got me to buy one of each, even though I did buy each one used off of ebay, haha. :)

But basically any company with a solid visual id / discriminating machine could waterproof and sell them quickly! Even the Garrett Ace 250 wouldn't be overpriced at $500 if it were submergible.

R

rvbvetter

I notice the coil looks like the 10" one on my Musketeer Advantage. Hmmm I wonder if it'll interchange to my EXPII. Never thought about it before. I'll have to look see. Probably not.
Like Ferrous Warrior said; Wonder if there'll be a chip update available for the EXPII. That would be cool, just in itself.
Go Minelab !!!!

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
I'm willing to go 'all in' and say that there will be no upgrade fromm exII to exSE same as there was none from SX to II. Just smart bussiness-sadly its at our cost. I would be willing to buy someones exII-for the right price ;) and I'm sure there are plenty of others out there who would love to upgrade to an exII. So you could probably get out of it for the same price as an upgrade would have cost anyways.

By the way I love having found this news from an "Aussie" company from all over the world WAY before people knew here. Not to mention it will probably be just like all othere minelabs-cheaper in the states.

Cheers
J

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread