What's new

New mountain finds

2moshers

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Messages
596
Reaction score
2,954
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.webpDetected the top of my Adirondack mountain in upstate N.Y. today to find along with some old logging chain a hunting/pocket knife, an old clevis hook, what I believe to be a very old small pack mule/donkey shoe, and an old horse/mule mountain shoe. image.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 14
Nice finds 2M, :thumbsup: man you detect everywhere don't you.
 
Logging chains are a great find. Did you haul it out? Picture?
 
Congratulations on the shoes, there has to be some other targets in that area. What County were you hunting in?
 
That's a cool shoe. You don't see them often.

HH RN
 
My mountain property is located in the beginning of Adirondack Park in Saratoga County, N.Y. Here is a picture of my mountain and camp down below. This trip up I detected on part of the very top of the mountain (around 1200 feet up) on some very old logging trails. I have found about a dozen different horse/mule/ox shoes all over the mountain as well as horse shoe calks. This is the first horseshoe of this kind I have ever seen. The pieces of logging chains of different lengths and sizes I find I generally do not save. When you are on top of a mountain in the middle of the wilderness a beep on the metal detector is a welcome sound!13124455_10201479859436556_8990238503470518547_n.webp
 
That reminds me of a story. A fella from the city was driving through a rural area, when he came upon a 13 - 14 year old boy, dragging a log chain that had to be fifty feet long. The kid was sweating, as he trudged along, so the city fella pulled over, and offered him a ride. No thanks, the kid answered, that's our place about a quarter mile ahead. I'll be ok. The city fella asked how far he'd come with the chain, and the kid pointed over his shoulder saying; about a mile back that way. The city fella looked back down the road, back at the kid, and asked why anyone would drag a chain for over a mile! The kid replied........mister, you ever tried PUSHIN a chain??
 
THESE SHOES ARE MADE FOR WALKING AND THATS WHAT THEY WERE MADE TO DO .THATS A NICE SHOE. SORRY ABOUT THE LITTLE TUNE MOSH, NICE FINDS.
 
Congrats on the find and also on owning a mountain LOL
 
Sweet knife good pieces of history. Thanks for sharing!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom