New MXSport.

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Tesoro Tiger Shark is WATERPROOF to 200-feet. Granted, it doesn't wear a short skirt and pushup bra, but it will find anything the "new" whites will. :occasion14:
I didn't know you used your machine 200 feet deep? I don't use SCUBA and just piddle around fresh water lakes to maybe 4.5 feet. I never got any of my water machines deeper than maybe 5 feet. Even at that the control box was maybe 2 feet deep. Do you consider the ATpro as Semi- waterproof too?

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I predict you'll pay at least $899.00 for the machine at a Whites dealership or at Kellyco.
So you think the MAP price for the MXS will be $899.00? So $899.00 - ATpro MAP price $594.00 ='s $305 difference not your initial $650 claim. So if the ATpro was upgraded with a larger screen, backlight, auto trac with lock, more notches, adjustable tone ID, threshold adjustment, volume adjustment, true all metal, Vco it wouldn't be worth $305 more? I think it would.....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you think the MAP price for the MXS will be $899.00? So $899.00 - ATpro MAP price $594.00 ='s $305 difference not your initial $650 claim. So if the ATpro was upgraded with a larger screen, backlight, auto trac with lock, more notches, adjustable tone ID, threshold adjustment, volume adjustment, true all metal, Vco it wouldn't be worth $305 more? I think it would.....

Your math is not my math khouse. Your math is Whites math, and doesn't make sense to me. You are defending Whites pricing. You and I will never agree. That does not mean I wouldn't bring a six-pack to your Whites Dealership and split it with you. :occasion14:

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Your math is not my math khouse. Your math is Whites math, and doesn't make sense to me. You are defending Whites pricing. You and I will never agree. That does not mean I wouldn't bring a six-pack to your Whites Dealership and split it with you. :occasion14:
LOL. I sell Garrett, Fisher and Teks too. If the others came out with a new amphibious machine I would be just as excited. Right now it seems that the new players are Deteknix and Whites. I choose Whites right now. But I will look hard at any manufacturers new offerings. FYI: Just downed my last Beer - how far away are you?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm on my third! Get in touch next time you are in New York, and we'll argue at the bar - My treat! :skullflag:

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
That's an honest opinion coming from a guy who has never used one . Or likely even read the manual , this machine has several features the at pro does not have .

Lol White's should have just changed the stickers on a current model and named it Cazador...oh wait White's actually releases new machines.

JakeM

Greenie
Jan 16, 2016
Seacoast, NH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking forward to finding out how much this machine will be. I'm in the market and the at pro and treasure pro seem to be at the top of my list as of now. This looks very promising, but if it's $1000 I'll be getting something else.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
Lol White's should have just changed the stickers on a current model and named it Cazador...oh wait White's actually releases new machines.

Haha no doubt I'm glad I gave up on that unicorn and bought my v3 I couldn't be happier

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks interesting. But it looks like a treasure pro or whatever that this thing is, made to be waterproof. Whites seems to be struggling lately. It seems to me they just keep taking their detectors, throwing a different coil on the and a new sticker and calling it brand new. At least to me.

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if the MX Sport will be hot glued into the housing like the Tiger Shark? :) What do you think, Terry? Will it possess that kind of build quality?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if the MX Sport will be hot glued into the housing like the Tiger Shark? :) What do you think, Terry? Will it possess that kind of build quality?

MONKEY!!!!!!!! I thought you were dead!!!!! Welcome back, and thanks for keeping the glue hot buddy! Are you responsible for this "new" Whites money maker? Great job! :occasion14:

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MONKEY!!!!!!!! I thought you were dead!!!!! Welcome back, and thanks for keeping the glue hot buddy! Are you responsible for this "new" Whites money maker? Great job! :occasion14:
If only I were. I'm certainly going to pick one up to try, however. The MXT has been good to me. I think it'd suit me just fine in a waterproof housing. I do wish it were greater than 10' depth waterproof.

Thanks for the greeting. If only White's used the 'hot glue' standard on their machines, imagine where they could be! I think we both know.... :)

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I find so amusing about this thread is that everyone is arguing over a machine that hasn't been released yet or tested with no reviews! Save it until it is released and there are reputable reviews before anyone can make valid comments on how good or bad this unit is! This is why I take most comments, opinions, and advice from others on here with a grain of salt...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just saying that I am betting it will be EXPENSIVE! $900-$1000

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Yep Terry If the new mx sport will perform like the mxt I have then they got a winner. But if it won't go as deep then same-o same-o . I'm waiting for the new whites killer to come out,but that will probably not be till fall or ???? Now if they could get some see-thru on their detectors rwd mo (Bob sw mo)

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The info from White's is spring 2016, well that's Sunday March 20. The last video it appears that they are gearing up production for a big demand. I am looking forward to the first field test.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry, I am not naming you in particular even though you don't seem particularly fond of it......I'm also saying others are claiming how "Good" this unit will be and can't wait to purchase it...How can people say things like that if there are no reviews or any reliable tests of the MXS...I want to see reviews, tests and opinions before I make any decision regarding the purchase of any detector...I have considered/reconsidered many times the choices of detector I want in the future...I went from the Makro Racer, T2, Omega 8500, Fisher F75, MX5, MX6, MXT Pro...etc.....Just because a new detector is introduced and "looks" impressive, doesn't mean it will perform in the field...The MXS may be a good detector or it may not....Just saying...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread