What's new

New oldest coin for the year!

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glorious day at the casino today. Every denom was giving up keepers, including a whopper in pennies -


***$40/PENNIES***

[red]Wow---> 1900 Indian <---Wow[/red]


My first Indian since 2002 and the new benchmark year to beat. Was it sweet seeing that in the machine's coin tray. Wheaties were great too.

Wheaties: 1934, 1937, 1942, 1942-D, 1944, 1945-D, 1947, 1951-D, 1951-S, 1953, 1955-D, 1956-D (2)

Canadian: 1971, 1978, 1991, 1992, 2006

Foreign: Austria, 2 euro cents, 2007

Other: 3 dimes


***$40/NICKELS***

Silver: [red]1944-P[/red], 1945-S

Pre-1960: 1940-S, 1954-S, 1958-D (2)

Canadian: 1995, 1996


***$1,200/HALVES***

1967 (5), 1969-D, 2002-D

...and a weird 1972 that weighs 10.4 grams, a full gram less than it should. Plus it has a peculiar "ring" to it. I thought it might be a magician's coin but it won't pop open. The alignment is right on, so I wonder why it's underweight. Any ideas?

HH everyone!!
 
Upvote 0
Woohoo alright Immy a 1900 I.H. that is a awesome find , congrats I am happy for ya  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: no idea why that half would be so light things that make you go hmmm?????
 
Congrats on the indian. hard to find those!

I'm sure you know but look around the inside of the rim for the cut on the half. I can't see a half planchet being a full gram off and getting a good strike.
 
Congrats Immy!!! I would have never guessed you could find an IH at a casino. Well done!

What kind of shape is it in? Just curious coming from a casino.

When I was searching cents......I have never found one. My husband starting searching them and he is still IH less as well. One day though..............

Again kudos Immy.....schweet!
 
LJ said:
Congrats Immy!!! I would have never guessed you could find an IH at a casino. Well done!

What kind of shape is it in? Just curious coming from a casino.

When I was searching cents......I have never found one. My husband starting searching them and he is still IH less as well. One day though..............

Again kudos Immy.....schweet!

Solid VG-8 condition, LJ. It even replaces the 1900 I have in my main collection. Woo hoo!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom