New or Used Detectors

So many units out there anymore which is the best to use that is not so high in price??????
That's a true statement, though let's break it down a tad.
Do you detect now?
Budget?
Water/beach
Land/public/private
Jewelry/clad
Relic/old coinage
So many variables and there's a few machines that do it all, and some that are only good for some.
If the budget is $500
Then look at what's available at that price point in New.
Then look at the ised market where a used top end machine is being offered at the same price.
Remember all machines basically have factory basic programs that are a general use for the beginner on that machine.

That's a true statement, though let's break it down a tad.
Do you detect now?
Budget?
Water/beach
Land/public/private
Jewelry/clad
Relic/old coinage
So many variables and there's a few machines that do it all, and some that are only good for some.
If the budget is $500
Then look at what's available at that price point in New.
Then look at the ised market where a used top end machine is being offered at the same price.
Remember all machines basically have factory basic programs that are a general use for the beginner on that machine.
I have a Fisher F4 but would rather have a White's DI PRO

I have a Fisher F4 but would rather have a White's DI PRO
My only concern is that White's isn't really the old White's since closing and Garrett buying out the intellectual properties.
Have read that the service is waining for White's machines but then again it might be just a few individual cases.

The White's Dl Pro (6000) was a pretty good machine back in the mid 80s.
But looking at the economics/ weight/ electronics compared to today's machines I wouldn't buy one.
(Though I had one for many years and upgraded twice after that before /92)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back