What's new

New Orleans

AU24K

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
15,511
Reaction score
14,116
Golden Thread
0
Location
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a vacation planned for New Orleans around the first of June.
Any information about camping or metal detecting in the area is appreciated.

Best,

Scott
 
Just "google" it...

Yeah....
I went there last September and had a limited time to explore.

Thanks for your reply, but I'd like more "in depth information" for my next visit.

Scott
 
Last edited:
You best bet is to detect City Park I’ve found 40 3 ringers and tones of v nickels I can send you a map picture where to detect.
 
Thomas Terry has a New Orleans book. I got a copy, but some areas might be off limits.
 
I am looking for areas to camp.
I love the area and also the food.
A vacation is on my horizon.....
Coming from Georgia.....

I have an opportunity to relocate to Houma.
I understand that land can be purchased for around $2000 an acre....
Swampland is OK. I like wrestling and eating gators and fishing from my front porch.
I have the means to survive, dig?
No pesky wife, kids or pets.....

I appreciate any information on my potential endeavors.




Scott
 
Last edited:
I will try to find some time to post something from his book. This is early 1970s material.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom