New Permission 12-8-2023

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit a new permission this morning. The house was built in 1893, although I haven't found on any map older than 1904. To be fair, the other maps I've checked were prior to 1893. Anyway, the house burned at one point, so, iron everywhere. The Manticore did its thing very well today. The 2d was on the ball, or I'm really learning how to use it.

One of my first signals was a 92 in the back yard in the area of the walkway. Ended up about 7-8 inches and pulled out a ladies compact. I tried to lookup the patent number with no luck. I need to scrape the makeup out and clean the case to see if there is a brand name.

DSC_0005_WM.jpgP1001190_WM.jpgP1001191_WM.jpgP1001192_WM.jpgDSC_0004_WM.jpgP1001193_WM.jpg

A few signals later, a 94. Out popped a large Indian Chief ring. Bottom of the band was missing. I think it's silver, it weighs 0.4 ounces. If any of you can point me in the right direction toward a good silver test kit, please let me know. The way it looks in the first pic, is what it looked like after I sprayed it. If it is silver, it will be my first silver find!

DSC_0006_WM.jpgP1001199_WM.jpgP1001200_WM.jpgP1001201_WM.jpgP1001195_WM.jpg

Then, I got a Howitzer!

P1001203_WM.jpgP1001204_WM.jpg

There are a few other finds that I haven't shown. Everything needs to be cleaned yet. Two clad dimes, two Lincoln memorials, a brass plate, a tin lid with "RAQUEL" imprinted on it, a small, strange key, a couple old brass window latches, and foil (of course there's always foil).

I think this site has some potential. I had a bunch of iffy high tones I didn't dig that just didn't sound right and the 2d said "don't dig me". Could have been iron degrading the signal, but I moved on. I only had a two-hour window for this site today. Hit about 1 third of the yard. I hope to get some early 1900's coins form this spot.

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 17
That ring sure looks like silver. Looks like a nice site, too. Hopefully you find lots more goodies!

I forgot to mention. The lady that owns the permission was telling us about the items she's found while gardening that she just threw away! She thought it was all trash. She told us of coins and jewelry she just tossed. She told my wife about a gold ring with a black stone she found and threw away. Sure, maybe it was just costume, but it could have been a good piece.

Oh well. I guess some people just don't know. She will keep anything she finds in the future for me.

I hit a new permission this morning. The house was built in 1893, although I haven't found on any map older than 1904. To be fair, the other maps I've checked were prior to 1893. Anyway, the house burned at one point, so, iron everywhere. The Manticore did its thing very well today. The 2d was on the ball, or I'm really learning how to use it.

One of my first signals was a 92 in the back yard in the area of the walkway. Ended up about 7-8 inches and pulled out a ladies compact. I tried to lookup the patent number with no luck. I need to scrape the makeup out and clean the case to see if there is a brand name.

View attachment 2119266View attachment 2119267View attachment 2119268View attachment 2119269View attachment 2119276View attachment 2119278

A few signals later, a 94. Out popped a large Indian Chief ring. Bottom of the band was missing. I think it's silver, it weighs 0.4 ounces. If any of you can point me in the right direction toward a good silver test kit, please let me know. The way it looks in the first pic, is what it looked like after I sprayed it. If it is silver, it will be my first silver find!

View attachment 2119277View attachment 2119271View attachment 2119272View attachment 2119273View attachment 2119270

Then, I got a Howitzer!

View attachment 2119274View attachment 2119275

There are a few other finds that I haven't shown. Everything needs to be cleaned yet. Two clad dimes, two Lincoln memorials, a brass plate, a tin lid with "RAQUEL" imprinted on it, a small, strange key, a couple old brass window latches, and foil (of course there's always foil).

I think this site has some potential. I had a bunch of iffy high tones I didn't dig that just didn't sound right and the 2d said "don't dig me". Could have been iron degrading the signal, but I moved on. I only had a two-hour window for this site today. Hit about 1 third of the yard. I hope to get some early 1900's coins form this spot.

Thanks for looking...
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!! It looks like Silver!!

I like that ring. Whoever lost it must have loved it because it was well worn

I thought I'd post the rest of the finds here. Just noticed after cleaning the brass plate I mentioned, the is a person's image on it. Looks like a newspaper printing plate. The little strange key I mentioned looks like maybe some type of wing nut. The shaft is threaded inside. The token is from the Joint Toll commission in Easton for the bridge between NJ and PA. The date on it is the commission's established date. The tokens were minted between 1974-1976 and used till 2002. The compact is circa 1960's COTY "AIRSPUN".

P1001207_WM.jpgP1001208_WM.jpgP1001209_WM.jpgP1001211_WM.jpgP1001213_WM.jpgP1001214_WM.jpgP1001215_WM.jpgP1001216_WM.jpgP1001217_WM.jpg

Thanks for looking...

View attachment 2119266View attachment 2119267View attachment 2119268View attachment 2119269View attachment 2119276View attachment 2119278

View attachment 2119277View attachment 2119271View attachment 2119272View attachment 2119273View attachment 2119270

Then, I got a Howitzer!

View attachment 2119274View attachment 2119275

Thanks for looking...
Very cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back