fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a shirt back to Walmart today and passed the Coin Star on the way, but it was empty. After returning the shirt, my wife and I did a little shopping. On the way out we passed the same Coin Star again. This time there was a handful of coins in the return tray. I scooped them out and when I got home I found 3 silver dimes and 3 silver quarters, one a 1929 Standing Liberty.An added bonus was the washer. I have only fo
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
und about 100 of them! :laughing7:

Upvote 41
Christmas time is the best for these type scores.....little Jimmy has cleaned out grandpa's change jar, and coin collection to buy grandma a cheap Chinese plastic gift, and there goes granpas silver coins from the 60s !! Keep checking folks....Christmas is the best time for a good coinstar find !!

Awesome! I love a good coinstar haul. Never gotten an SLQ from one, though! Speaking of which, are you sure that's not a 1919 S? It looks (to me) like the date field is flat with the coin... not recessed as it would be with a 1929.
Either way, great finds for rejects!

Wow, what an Epic score, including my favorite coin, an SLQ- Congrats for that early Christmas present!!
What a great haul - congrats !

Yes Jeff - Standing Liberty Quarters are also my favorite coins - there's just something about them !
But a Pine Tree Shilling is the "Holy Grail" of all coins for me - I just have to get back to New England some day !

Awesome! I love a good coinstar haul. Never gotten an SLQ from one, though! Speaking of which, are you sure that's not a 1919 S? It looks (to me) like the date field is flat with the coin... not recessed as it would be with a 1929.
Either way, great finds for rejects!
I am not sure on the date. I have to use my friends eyes to ID some stuff and they were out of town, so the only thing they had was the pictures I posted here.

WOW! A standing liberty in the Coinstar😂? Some people really don't know what they're leaving behind. The luckiest I've gotten is a 1925 merc and a 1940's altered quarter.

I took a shirt back to Walmart today and passed the Coin Star on the way, but it was empty. After returning the shirt, my wife and I did a little shopping. On the way out we passed the same Coin Star again. This time there was a handful of coins in the return tray. I scooped them out and when I got home I found 3 silver dimes and 3 silver quarters, one a 1929 Standing Liberty.An added bonus was the washer. I have only foView attachment 2119292View attachment 2119293View attachment 2119294und about 100 of them! :laughing7:
Score!!! Congrats!!!!

We check the Coinstar machines and have only found two silver dimes. Need to check them more often.

Nice score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back