New Permission Cow Farm Hunt 50 Acres of FUN

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Today I went to a new permission to detect. It has 50 plus acres of cow pasture and roaming cows too boot! The hunt strategy was to work near the house and then roam all around the fields to look for "hot spots". As of this penning the "hot spot" was at the initial area of hunting, but way to soon to make a final conclusion. Everything found was deep (9+ inches) and today I was recovering high tones only. No silver yet, but sure it's there just waiting my coil. I used the AT Pro (for speed), Sensitivity wide open, Pro mode, zero disc and ground balanced 8 lower. The next visit, I will use a Minelab Explorer SE with FBS and "Go Low and Slow" to hit the deep coins I know that are there!

The coin finds were 1935 & 1948 Wheat cent! Others included a 2009 Lincoln Cent and 1978 & 1988 Washington Quarters. The relics were few and far between, but I was addressing only high tones, so next time (mid-tones and lower) my relic count will increase.

Thank You for Looking.

GL & HH

Doc

04_21_18 Cow Farm.jpg

Upvote 7

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow , That farm area has some awesome potential for relics... Should be an inspiring hunt with your Minelab Explorer SE. post a vid if you can !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread