What's new

New permission pays off...wheaties n silver

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
3,580
Reaction score
4,842
Golden Thread
0
Location
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been working on a few new permissions, and it just so happens that the wife came through for me! She ran into a former co-worker at the grocery who mentioned that they had recently moved into an old house....well, knowing she could probably get rid of me for a few hours set the wheels in motion...and voila!....1910 house here I come! It was only 15 minutes from our house and upon arriving, was concerned about the small-ish size of the yard. But I remembered that in the past I've had great luck with those small, postage stamp sized yards in small towns. I worked the curb strip for over 45 minutes, scoring my first 2 wheaties and 3 Hot Wheels cars. Moving to the front yard, which was barely twice the size of the curb strip, I netted the other 2 wheaties and my 1938 Merc...the wheats were 1919, 1939, 1950 and 1956...(you were right Lisa!)...it was at this time one of the neighborhood kids rolled up and asked what I was doing...I was taking pics of my Merc, and just told him I was looking for old stuff. I reached into my pouch and grabbed the 2 Hot Wheels that had 4 intact tires and gave'em to him and he sped off...ha. Ended up hunting 2 1/2 hours and saved some for next hunt, so don't ever be discouraged by those small yards! I have an 1850's house to hit 2moro that used to be a hotel LONG ago...so hopefully I'll strike silver again..Thanks for looking, Ddf..
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2016-10-29-19-31-13.webp
    Screenshot_2016-10-29-19-31-13.webp
    211.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_2016-10-29-19-30-43.webp
    Screenshot_2016-10-29-19-30-43.webp
    421.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_2016-10-29-16-11-50.webp
    Screenshot_2016-10-29-16-11-50.webp
    242.9 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 11
Great scores for the time spent.
 
Well done,, that Merc, is in pretty good shape.
Congrats on a good hunt. Good luck on the old Hotel.
Check the shady side of the structure. That is where some would look to get out of the sun during the heat of the day. HH
 
Well done,, that Merc, is in pretty good shape.
Congrats on a good hunt. Good luck on the old Hotel.
Check the shady side of the structure. That is where some would look to get out of the sun during the heat of the day. HH

Great advice AGW!! I will certainly do that, you are correct, they had to go somewhere before air conditioning ! Thx very much...ddf
 
Congrats on the silver and wheats and good for you on sharing your finds. Good your wife helps with networking get a lot of permissions that way.
 
Congrats on the new permission....nice hunt. There is probably more
 
Nice finds - gotta love Mercs and wheats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom