What's new

New Points

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
250
Golden Thread
0
Location
»»--------->
1. Jacks Reef, Ky, 2. Palmer, Oh, 3. Newton Falls, Oh, 4. Hopewell blade, Oh, 5. Madison? triangle, Wv
 
Upvote 0
Most are around .75" to 1", although I have a couple that are in the 1.5" to 2" range.

T.
 
thirty7 said:
Tn. here's a good reference for materials in your region, it's constantly being updated.

www.theaaca.com/lithnics/reg4.htm
Thanks everyone for the links . I am sitting and looking at frames that do not seem to match anything as far as material go. lol I guess it does not matter that much. I am thinking I just need to hit all my old sites and dig down an extra three feet and just dig clovis and make it easier on you guys.
Thanks thirty7 for the space.
TnMtns
 
1. Archaic blade, Ky. Kentucky blue flint 2. Kirk stemmed, Va. crystal quartz 3. Lost Lake, Ky. Dover flint.
 
Always nice to see the Quartz. Thanks for sharing 37.

Molly.
 
Woodland triangles in Penna. -- N.Y. area divide into Levannas, which run about 2" or thereabouts and are earlier, and Madisons (apparently true arrowheads) which are smaller and later in time. If memory serves, Levannas kick off the Late Woodland era.
 
uniface said:
Woodland triangles in Penna. -- N.Y. area divide into Levannas, which run about 2" or thereabouts and are earlier, and Madisons (apparently true arrowheads) which are smaller and later in time. If memory serves, Levannas kick off the Late Woodland era.


That triangle may be a Levanna, it's fairly wide. Seems like most Hamiltons and Madisons are more narrow in profile. I forgot which triangles are thicker in the cross section? anyone know? This ones wafer thin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom