New Quest Pro

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received my new redesigned Quest Pro yesterday and I am really liking it. Most of the videos on the Quest Pro are for the old model and not very impressive so I wasn't considering one until I watched some of the 2018 videos and decided to give it a try. I must say that I think I made a great decision for me. I needed a multi frequency machine that was submersible for a little more depth than 10 feet and the QP is to 16 feet. That was a major decision maker for me along with the performance on the newer videos. It also came with 2 coils and wireless headphones !!! I took the machine out yesterday for a little while and was very impressed. I went to a place where I knew that I could pick up some clad and get accustomed to the machine. The QP did not disappoint and I even found a toasted wheat penny and a small silver ring. The machine is way faster than the Whites machines that I have been using and the small coil is surgical. I hope to get a video up on the QP in the next few days.
Pesc

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately this machine is too little to late to the party I'm afraid. I was exited when I first saw this machine but lack of solid reviews and timing really hurt them. Looks like the Nox might have borrowed some design elements though!

I look forward to seeing your video. There may still be a market for it if it performs well and is priced right.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many of us remember when they rolled out their 1st machine, before being sued by Teknetics. The quality just wasn't there, they came to the market too fast. One reviewer I watched trashed the machine on his first hunt like a rock star with a guitar. It was very erratic and he came to find out the coil wires were crimped and shorting from the manufacturer. BigWavedave won one back then and it is just a closet queen.

For the price of the Q20 I think it may be a great starter machine which might earn some manufacturer loyalty and begin to build a successful line of machines at a lower price point.

NIBBLER

Apr 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 40.Purty nice machine.Decent depth and it really does well in and around iron.

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many of us remember when they rolled out their 1st machine, before being sued by Teknetics. The quality just wasn't there, they came to the market too fast. One reviewer I watched trashed the machine on his first hunt like a rock star with a guitar. It was very erratic and he came to find out the coil wires were crimped and shorting from the manufacturer. BigWavedave won one back then and it is just a closet queen.
For the price of the Q20 I think it may be a great starter machine which might earn some manufacturer loyalty and begin to build a successful line of machines at a lower price point.[/QUOTE

I have seen those videos too and the 1st machine appeared to be a piece of junk. I can say though after using the Quest Pro for a few outings now that I am very impressed with it. I am getting the waterproof headphones and will be freshwater river detecting soon. I will try to keep folks posted on how it works out.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the price of the Q20 I think it may be a great starter machine which might earn some manufacturer loyalty and begin to build a successful line of machines at a lower price point.[/QUOTE

I have seen those videos too and the 1st machine appeared to be a piece of junk. I can say though after using the Quest Pro for a few outings now that I am very impressed with it. I am getting the waterproof headphones and will be freshwater river detecting soon. I will try to keep folks posted on how it works out.

I look forward to seeing your finds. Will it hit a quarter at 10 inches with a good tone and target ID?

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I look forward to seeing your finds. Will it hit a quarter at 10 inches with a good tone and target ID?

Okay, to answer your question about the 10 inch quarter, it will hit a quarter at 10 inches and give a good tone and accurate TID. I also buried a 9 inch dime and it hit the dime but the ID was a few numbers higher than usual and the tone was a scratchy high tone. You could definitely tell the dime was there and got the ID but the tone was not as clear as the quarter. Hope that answers your question.
Pesc

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also wanted to add that I was using Jewelry mode 20Khz Sensitivity at 80 for the results above because that is the way I hunt. I rechecked the quarter and the dime at max sensitivity and the dime tone was better. The ID was also better but jumped up a couple of numbers when I scanned it. The quarter was rock solid.

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received my new redesigned Quest Pro yesterday and I am really liking it. Most of the videos on the Quest Pro are for the old model and not very impressive so I wasn't considering one until I watched some of the 2018 videos and decided to give it a try. I must say that I think I made a great decision for me. I needed a multi frequency machine that was submersible for a little more depth than 10 feet and the QP is to 16 feet. That was a major decision maker for me along with the performance on the newer videos. It also came with 2 coils and wireless headphones !!! I took the machine out yesterday for a little while and was very impressed. I went to a place where I knew that I could pick up some clad and get accustomed to the machine. The QP did not disappoint and I even found a toasted wheat penny and a small silver ring. The machine is way faster than the Whites machines that I have been using and the small coil is surgical. I hope to get a video up on the QP in the next few days.
Pesc

Any updates on the Quest Pro? How do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just bought a lightly used new style Quest Pro off Ebay from Serious Detectors 354$ looking forward to trying it out, 2 coils wireless headphones and some new to me settings, for the price i couldnt pass it up...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread