New School House Permission

_muppet_

Nov 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally touched base with the owner of an old school house I've passed dozens of times for work. I always figured it would have been hunted out as it's right next to the highway and looks like it hasn't been used in a long time. It's a good amount of ground. They're scrapping a lot of junk from the building so there is a fair amount of trash laying around and the yard is muddy and covered in ruts. I didn't know if this would be my only chance so I just cherry picked it for a few hours. Only dug one nickel because it was very solid, skipped many mid tones. I hope I get back to dig it again. I'm sure there are more high tones as well, it's something like 5 acres. Had a very good haul for the time spent, I hated to leave.

20200116_212335.jpg

Had some clad too, all these pennies are wheats. The dinosaur pin and the ring are silver.

Upvote 19
Looks like you made some nice finds. I like that US military Collar Disc.

Very nice! Congrats!

Awesome button and coinage gotta be all kinds of cool stuff there. Good luck hope to see more posts on your progress. Tommy

Nice finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Good Luck on your next hunt!

Great finds!

I would be spending every spare moment there.

Good stuff!! Looks like a couple of trips back are in order:icon_thumleft:

Nice finds, silver coins are always a fun thing to find! The relics are cool too!

Thanks everyone, definitely hoping to get back. It's just a spot I drive by for work. It's about 4.5 hours from where I live. I'll be working there again Monday and would have time, but it's going to be about 22 degrees and the yard is all mud probably will be hard as a rock. They said they are likely going to demolish the building soon. Very glad I stopped when I did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back