New School yard

M

mchamby

I was coming back from an out of town appt and decided to hit the playground at the local school. I thought if I only hunt in the wood shaving then they won't care that I don't have permission. It was a fairly hot day about 87 so I stayed about 1 and 1/2 hours. As I was mding I was getting lots of penny hits (explorer 2 is very good at telling me what coin I'm digging, I mostly only coin shoot) but a penny in the pocket is better than an empty one. Anyway I ended up digging 26 pennies, one 1945 wheatie, one nickel, 4 dimes and 14 quarters. The reason I got so many quarters is, as I was headed back to the car swinging as I go I see something redish orange a couple feet in front of me, low and behold it is a quarter wrapper with 10 quarters in it, it must have been some kids lunch money he put down to play on the slide. I sure bet his mom wasn't happy with him that week. All together for me that was a good day, no jewelry but I like coins anyway. Happy Hunting all.
:o 8) :)
Mchamby

Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!! I like the interesting things found at the schools.Nice haul!! HH

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Not a bad day at all...I love hunting at schools too. You never know what's going to turn up.

Ruben

Greenie
Jul 29, 2005
Michigan
theres an old school by be that was built in 1923,and is still in use today,i think i need to hit that if thats the kind of day you get,it was a good take indeed

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Hey Ruben if you haven't hunted that school yard yet I would make it a priority!! You may find some serious silver there or maybe old toys. School yards are great when you don't have a lot of time and they also restock them selves if school is in session. You find anything from toys to jewelry to coins. Good luck on your search. HH :)
Mchamby

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice haul,

hh

lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread