KyleStar
Greenie
- #1
Thread Owner
Hey all, Kyle here. I've been detecting for a few years and I'm finally getting serious about scrapping the non-keeper finds instead of letting the buckets pile up in the garage.
Quick question for those of you who sell regularly: what do you look for in a good yard? So far I've only sold cans. I'm about to haul my first real load of copper bits, brass odds and ends, and a bucket of clad, and I don't want to walk in blind.
Do you call ahead for prices or just show up? And is it normal for yards to want everything pre-sorted down to the grade, or do they sort with you on the scale? Any red flags I should watch for? Appreciate any tips.
Quick question for those of you who sell regularly: what do you look for in a good yard? So far I've only sold cans. I'm about to haul my first real load of copper bits, brass odds and ends, and a bucket of clad, and I don't want to walk in blind.
Do you call ahead for prices or just show up? And is it normal for yards to want everything pre-sorted down to the grade, or do they sort with you on the scale? Any red flags I should watch for? Appreciate any tips.







