new show on the dutchman

The stone house that was told about is not builtt in a cave. The stone house was built by Waltz during a winter season and it was built out in the open.

I don't disagree with you at all. I to believe the house in in the open. Not a the entrance to the mine,but at the entrance to the cannon the mine was in.
In fact you have given me a idea about a certain stone cabin. Its built different that the ones around it. I will check next time im in Arizona. If it turns out to be something. Ill pm you.

Would that be the same cabin we where talking about?

The clue is there is a two room house in a cave near the entrance to the mine, not directly over it. Many people chalk this up to the Angel Basin dwelling, which interestingly Jesse Feldman found P.C. Nicknells name carved into a timber of the house.

Randy,

Hope all is well with you and your bride.

Looks like you fat-fingered Bick's last name.

Take care,

Joe

The stone house that was told about is not builtt in a cave. The stone house was built by Waltz during a winter season and it was built out in the open.
Did you guys watch tonight's episode?
The came across what it seems to be a rock foundation of a cabin, they also found an old belt buckle that dates bach the 1800's

Randy,

Hope all is well with you and your bride.

Looks like you fat-fingered Bick's last name.

Take care,

Joe

Things are fantastic Joe, thanks for asking. Same to you my friend. The Bicknell error can be chalked up to either my fat fingers or my computers dam auto correct. Haha.

Did you guys watch tonight's episode?
The came across what it seems to be a rock foundation of a cabin, they also found an old belt buckle that dates bach the 1800's

I was finally able to see the show last night. I honestly don't know what to write but two things are obvious.
One, Robert F. "Bob” Schoose is one brilliant businessman and has incredible hair.
Two, however old sarge may be, he appears to be in great physical condition.

Not quite a Ken Burns production and to be honest, the weakest link was the "flash-card"editing. It would have been nice to hear the team members speak about their individual ideas.

Last edited:
I still hate that Flashing ! Very irritating :(
again someone Punch the Editor !

Looks like more detecting next week unless the Editor used the previews
to lie.

I like watching detecting :thumbsup:

A friend made me a new Superstition Mountain walking stick. Has a knife in the top.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424711967.289116.jpg

I still hate that Flashing ! Very irritating :(
again someone Punch the Editor !

Looks like more detecting next week unless the Editor used the previews
to lie.

I like watching detecting :thumbsup:

I would replace the editor for sure. The truth is, these guys deserve some credit. It's a lose lose situation when one shares their disappointments with several million households. Sensationalizing their effort with flash-cards is unnecessary. It's a balancing act. History/Entertainment. The point being, these guys deserve to be represented in the spirit of their effort.

Beyond that, I waited to hear Frank speak, to here anyone speak about their individual ideas, motivations, their journey. I missed episode 1/2 so perhaps it's there. I didn't see it in 3.

Good television is able to stimulate an emotional bond with the viewer. Honestly, when the group was about to ditch the man with the beard, he said something about putting a gun to his head. That was an emotional moment. A sad statement for sure but great television. Why would he say that? Give the man a chance to explain himself. Don't make the same mistake what's his name made with his series, running around bouncing off walls like a terrier. Never stopping to focus. Scott something.

Their audience is actually older and more intelligent than the editor understood.

Kill the flash cards and let these guys talk.
My favorite character so far is the guy who examined the samples. Seems to know his shite.

Anyway, it's never too late to edit.
Hats off to these guys and their effort!

Whomever was responsible for the edit should be replaced.

One thing I am wrestling with. Bob was willing to speak with Wayne on camera about things but initially not with the lad in the room. I don't understand this.

Last edited:
Would that be the same cabin we where talking about?

Yes. I will be there next week for 10 days. If you have the time. Ill finally get to show it to you. Im trying to get my hands on a couple 4 wheelers. Do you know anyone who wont charge a are and leg.

I would replace the editor for sure. The truth is, these guys deserve some credit. It's a lose lose situation when one shares their disappointments with several million households. Sensationalizing their effort with flash-cards is unnecessary. It's a balancing act. History/Entertainment. The point being, these guys deserve to be represented in the spirit of their effort.

Beyond that, I waited to hear Frank speak, to here anyone speak about their individual ideas, motivations, their journey. I missed episode 1/2 so perhaps it's there. I didn't see it in 3.

Good television is able to stimulate an emotional bond with the viewer. Honestly, when the group was about to ditch the man with the beard, he said something about putting a gun to his head. That was an emotional moment. A sad statement for sure but great television. Why would he say that? Give the man a chance to explain himself. Don't make the same mistake what's his name made with his series, running around bouncing off walls like a terrier. Never stopping to focus. Scott something.

Their audience is actually older and more intelligent than the editor understood.

Kill the flash cards and let these guys talk.
My favorite character so far is the guy who examined the samples. Seems to know his shite.

Anyway, it's never too late to edit.
Hats off to these guys and their effort!

Whomever was responsible for the edit should be replaced.

One thing I am wrestling with. Bob was willing to speak with Wayne on camera about things but initially not with the lad in the room. I don't understand this.

Just finished episode 3 and thought the same thing.

Where I'm from, it's rumored that Waltz had built a small 2 room stone house directly over the entrance which went straight down into the mine.

I failed to include a couple of items. When Waltz built the stone house. Waltz never put a roof on the house, and the front door of house faced the northwest.

I understand his reluctance to speak in front of someone he did not know. Why bust out with all kinds of hard earned info when you don't know the reputation or agenda of someone in the room?

But the presence of a media camera in the room kinda renders that level of caution moot....

Last edited:
I failed to include a couple of items. When Waltz built the stone house. Waltz never put a roof on the house, and the front door of house faced the northwest.

You and I are not talking about the same house.

Why would anyone build a house wirh no roof.

But the presence of a media camera in the room kinda renders that level of caution moot....

It's all as real as the medicine wheel you'll see in the next episode.

It's all as real as the medicine wheel you'll see in the next episode.

I think they were making a point. Newbie arent going to be given trusted hard earned info.
Even the known dutch hunters have to give up a share for the info.

You and I are not talking about the same house.

Why would anyone build a house with no roof.

I think you are correct. We are talking about different stone house's.
My guess is to miss lead anyone looking for the mine. Waltz had been quoted as saying " no miner will ever find my mine ". If Waltz did say this he would be correct, no miner would be looking inside of a stone house any the mine. I think the reason Waltz didn't have a roof over the house he wanted people to think this stone house had been there a long time. All the men that knew where Waltz mine was located at had stopped breathing.
A miner would be looking for a quartz vein, or a opening of any kind.

I think you are correct. We are talking about different stone house's.
My guess is to miss lead anyone looking for the mine. Waltz had been quoted as saying " no miner will ever find my mine ". If Waltz did say this he would be correct, no miner would be looking inside of a stone house any the mine. I think the reason Waltz didn't have a roof over the house he wanted people to think this stone house had been there a long time. All the men that knew where Waltz mine was located at had stopped breathing.
A miner would be looking for a quartz vein, or a opening of any kind.

Waltzs comment about miners was a put down. Waltzs considered himself a prospector. He and other prospectors considered miners to be below them in intelligence. So he was saying miners were two stupid to find it. The same for the cowboy comment.
If the mine is in a two room house with no roof. Then it will be found one day.

Also if you think Im trying to mislead anyone. Then stick with that position.
You said you believe the stone house to be out in the open. I agreed with you.
I also offered to share info about the stone house if the idea you sparked led anywhere. So if thats trying to mis lead you. Then I suggest you block me. I would hate to keep a newbie with a pocket full of rumors from finding the most well researched and hunted mine in the south west. Heavens to bid.

Last edited:
My question was rhetorical, the answer was already obvious. I watched the last half of the episode tonight, and wonder why you would stop metal detecting a site once you found a belt buckle? That is a sign to continue detecting, not for you to stop. Maybe they were there much longer than shown on camera, but I would have set up camp right there for the night and given the guy with the metal detector a chance to be as thorough as possible. Also, I carry at least an 8 inch monocoil with me in the high country on long multi-day hikes, and often bigger than that. Why have that dinky little coil we saw on camera? Won't get much depth with that.

And its just my opinion, but Waltz's comment about miners not being able to find the mine was not an insult, but pointing out it may have been in an area where there were no obvious signs of mineralization that would usually attract the attention of miners.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back