new show on the dutchman

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Come on Frank, I know you better than that. You're a very smart guy, so don't sully yourself in this fight. You play a part in a fictional show on TV. Let's just leave it at that.
I agree. Leave the TV bull crap to the dreamers and fantasizers to which the show is actually geared towards. Even some of the crap I've read here on this forum has ventured way too far into LaLa land. Seems many here are afraid to face the reality that there is no LDM! Nevertheless, it's still good entertainment whether I watch the show, or read some of the posts on this forum. I'm sure what's currently transpiring is a good bump for the AJ tourist areas, and for the renewed sales of all the LDM dime store novels that's more than likely occurred within the last several months. No biggie... the LDM hucksters are entitled to make a dollar just like anybody else. :thumbsup:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I'll be offering no further comment on the show issues. I had a great time during filming. I enjoyed the hiking. Shooting things and telling people to go themselves. The haters on this site may do the same. To my friends who stood by me thank you. If you ever get the chance to do a show on something you enjoy. Go for it. But keep in mind you will hear the same bull from some. But also keep in mind millions out there love it. Have fun guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be offering no further comment on the show issues. I had a great time during filming. I enjoyed the hiking. Shooting things and telling people to go F themselves. The haters on this site may do the same. To my friends who stood by me thank you. If you ever get the chance to do a show on something you enjoy. Go for it. But keep in mind you will hear the same bull from some. But also keep in mind millions out there love it. Have fun guys.

Enjoy the ride Frank
And thanks for the Show, Can't wait till next season!

Wrmickel1

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, your a good man. Tough spot you are in. Can't say nuffin and what you do say just feeds the sharks. But; I'm sure you aren't losing sleep over it. Just keep collecting those nuggets. That's more than most can say.......... OR do.

Here a little something from the my Thin Blue Line better-half. Enjoy.

Lynda

bear profiling.jpg

3stooge

Greenie
Apr 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the bear took one look at her and figured she was an expert on doughnuts and thought he would hit her up for some doughnuts. [emoji4]

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 to 5 months ago John Arizona and Dan Gamanche rediscovered the prayer wheel. Here is their photo. The prayer wheel is rebuilt in the video. Who keeps rebuilding it and why? View attachment 1134625

Because the producers wanted it there. Also, probably someone wanted to make it look like they did ceremonial stuff there. As my friend, (WHO IS Apache), STATED to me Medicine Wheels will be on FLAT, (LIKE THIS ___________________) ground so the medicine man and anyone else can dance around it. I showed him the copied picture of the completed medicine wheel botched up on an un-level rock, and going to the EDGE of the rock and he said the whole medicine wheel was a FAKE....nothing a Native American Indian would put on a surface like that!! He actually started laughing about the whole thing on how "WHITE MEN" will tell tall tales, and make stuff look Indian claiming whatever to be from Native American Indians!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted.....Please keep politics out of thread...

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
In the final analysis, it's just a TV reality show. Definitely not something to burn up a friendship over, or betray someone's confidence for, because any benefits from doing so will be very short-liven. It's not the first show on the Dutchman or the Superstition and it won't be the last. These shows will come and go, but this community, and the history of the mountains will always be around, as it has been, for a long time.

Who knows if the LDM will ever be found, but nothing beats sitting around the fire, sharing companionship, and telling stories with those mountains in the background. I've walked these mountains imagining that I walk in the footsteps of those who have gone before me, and that some of those footprints are very, very old.

3stooge

Greenie
Apr 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::)
....from someone who doesn't don a flack jacket every morning and put their own life on the line to protect the lives of complete strangers.

That Lady in blue is more woman than you could handle and more man than you'll ever be.

Have some respect.
Jeez. Just making a joke. Sorry to offend.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Because the producers wanted it there. Also, probably someone wanted to make it look like they did ceremonial stuff there. As my friend, (WHO IS Apache), STATED to me Medicine Wheels will be on FLAT, (LIKE THIS ___________________) ground so the medicine man and anyone else can dance around it. I showed him the copied picture of the completed medicine wheel botched up on an un-level rock, and going to the EDGE of the rock and he said the whole medicine wheel was a FAKE....nothing a Native American Indian would put on a surface like that!! He actually started laughing about the whole thing on how "WHITE MEN" will tell tall tales, and make stuff look Indian claiming whatever to be from Native American Indians!

Still laughing after five hundred years of persistent cultural insensitivity.

I wore this frock coat in Washington, before the war. We wore them because we belonged to the Five Civilized Tribes. We dressed ourself up like Abraham Lincoln. You know, we got to see the Secretary of the Interior. He said, “Boy! You boys sure look civilized!” He congratulated us, and he gave us medals for looking so civilized. We told him about how our land had been stolen. Our people were dying. When we finished, he shook our hands and said, “Endeavor to persevere.”

They stood us in a line–John Jumper, Junior McIntosh, Buffalo Hump, Jim Pockmark, and me. I’m Lone Watie. They took our pictures, and the newspapers said, “Indians Vow to Endeavor to Persevere.” We thought about it for a long time. “Endeavor to persevere”. And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.
- Dan George, as Lone Watie, from “The Outlaw Josey Wales” (1976)

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...But Franks character on the show is a tough western type rugged shoot'em up type fellow. Something a toe-fu farting easterner like you just would'nt get.

Wrmickel1

I was born and raised in Arizona Wrmickel1, Frank is from Pennsylvania. I was hiking the Superstitions as a Cub Scout - Just sayin..

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still laughing after five hundred years of persistent cultural insensitivity.

I wore this frock coat in Washington, before the war. We wore them because we belonged to the Five Civilized Tribes. We dressed ourself up like Abraham Lincoln. You know, we got to see the Secretary of the Interior. He said, “Boy! You boys sure look civilized!” He congratulated us, and he gave us medals for looking so civilized. We told him about how our land had been stolen. Our people were dying. When we finished, he shook our hands and said, “Endeavor to persevere.”

They stood us in a line–John Jumper, Junior McIntosh, Buffalo Hump, Jim Pockmark, and me. I’m Lone Watie. They took our pictures, and the newspapers said, “Indians Vow to Endeavor to Persevere.” We thought about it for a long time. “Endeavor to persevere”. And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.
- Dan George, as Lone Watie, from “The Outlaw Josey Wales” (1976)

I have only a few favorite movie quotes and that one happens to be one of them along with the Jack Nicholson rant at the end of "A Few Good Men."

Chief Dan George was an excellent actor and a pretty interesting person.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was born and raised in Arizona Wrmickel1, Frank is from Pennsylvania. I was hiking the Superstitions as a Cub Scout - Just sayin..

Didn't you have a prospecting and/or metal detecting business in AZ? You would have explored a lot of territory, seen a lot of things.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Aweee,

That's two of us who questioned your metal past, but you denied it when I asked, I know I've talked to you once I just can't place it. And I know it was in AZ.

Wrmickel1

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I'll be offering no further comment on the show issues. I had a great time during filming. I enjoyed the hiking. Shooting things and telling people to go themselves. The haters on this site may do the same. To my friends who stood by me thank you. If you ever get the chance to do a show on something you enjoy. Go for it. But keep in mind you will hear the same bull from some. But also keep in mind millions out there love it. Have fun guys.

sgtfda,

I thought that you might appreciate a little help, especially if your story continues into season two. And I hope that it does only this time, with a focus on true history, which is even more fantastic.

The small, splinter group of Apache that you want to research were (are?) called the Cibecu. They did exist at least around the turn of the century. They lived apart, along the northern reaches of the San Carlos reservation and it seems that they were focused on protecting something related to what your looking for. Out of respect, I will not write about that but that's where you should focus your efforts, if that part of history is important to you.

Al-Che-Sa was their leader just before WW1.
Their descendants are still around.

Tread lightly!

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sgtfda,

I thought that you might appreciate a little help, especially if your story continues into season two. And I hope that it does only this time, with a focus on true history, which is even more fantastic.

The small, splinter group of Apache that you want to research were (are?) called the Cibecu. They did exist at least around the turn of the century. They lived apart, along the northern reaches of the San Carlos reservation and it seems that they were focused on protecting something related to what your looking for. Out of respect, I will not write about that but that's where you should focus your efforts, if that part of history is important to you.

Al-Che-Sa was their leader just before WW1.
Their descendants are still around.

Tread lightly!

The Cibecue supposed source of gold placer has been tied to the Lost Adams Diggings as far as I know - I've never gotten too involved in that legend other than very superficially.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
The Cibecue supposed source of gold placer has been tied to the Lost Adams Diggings as far as I know - I've never gotten too involved in that legend other than very superficially.

You know your history Cubfan64.
Traditionally, the Lost Adams legend is set among three peaks in the Mogollon Mts.
I am no expert on the Adams.

What I am writing about are the Cibecu who removed to and live on the San Carlos Reservation.
From my understanding, at the turn of the century, they, for the most part kept to themselves there, shunning whites and other groups of Apache. Supposedly they were secretive, terrifying, and dangerously loyal to their leader.

I guess the question is, does this group still exist today in some tempered form?

Secret societies exist in all cultures.

The Black Hand is unfortunately an Italian-American thing. : (

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal - I don't really know my history all that well, just little bits and pieces and that was one I happened to remember. I made the assumption that you were talking about the Cibecue Apache and just made a misspelling or perhaps that's a different way of spelling it - is that correct or are you talking about a completely different group of people?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread