new show on the dutchman

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal - I don't really know my history all that well, just little bits and pieces and that was one I happened to remember. I made the assumption that you were talking about the Cibecue Apache and just made a misspelling or perhaps that's a different way of spelling it - is that correct or are you talking about a completely different group of people?

Cubfan64,
Same people. Cibecu was how it was spelled (recorded) around 1910.
Most of these are confirmed to be Alchise. That's today's spelling.

Note the symbol on the ceremonial cap. A circle or crescent with cross at its center.
It should look familiar.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubfan64,
Same people. Cibecu was how it was spelled (recorded) around 1910.
Most of these are confirmed to be Alchise. That's today's spelling.

Note the symbol on the ceremonial cap. A circle or crescent with cross at its center.
It should look familiar.

More visible in the first photo.....
with the black border around it.

DSC01314.jpg

Photo by Cubfan64

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Wayne,

That style of medicine wheel is always aligned with the four directions. I don't know if you happened to verify this, but it does seem to line up with true North. The ones that resemble the medicine wheel on the series, have several things that line up, like the summer solstice sunrise, and sunset. Makes me wonder if the one on the show was correct.

Homar

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Wayne,

That style of medicine wheel is always aligned with the four directions. I don't know if you happened to verify this, but it does seem to line up with true North. The ones that resemble the medicine wheel on the series, have several things that line up, like the summer solstice sunrise, and sunset. Makes me wonder if the one on the show was correct.

Homar

So they lined it up Astronomically to the North Star?

That's cool they at least knew the difference but if you think about it Solar Time was all they knew!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So they lined it up Astronomically to the North Star?

That's cool they at least knew the difference but if you think about it Solar Time was all they knew!

Howdy Bill,

:dontknow: That's why I asked Wayne if he checked that, or maybe Paul did?

Homar

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_0115.jpg

2006 compass reading with the compass aligned with n-s spoke.

The wheel in the show is located on a low rock formation in a low area.
The sight lines would make it useless as a calender, because everything around it is considerably higher.
All of the "wheels" I have seen are up high, with unobstructed views of the night sky.

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
View attachment 1136463

2006 compass reading with the compass aligned with n-s spoke.

The wheel in the show is located on a low rock formation in a low area.
The sight lines would make it useless as a calender, because everything around it is considerably higher.
All of the "wheels" I have seen are up high, with unobstructed views of the night sky.

somehiker,

In the book, Field Guide to the Mysterious Places of Eastern North America, the author demonstrates a connection between ancient, artificial sites (structures) and magnetic anomalies. I tested this idea by comparing an important Native American archeological site against a government MA map of the same area. I couldn't believe what I found. There was a significant MA right at the center of this once important native site which, is located on an island in the middle of the Delaware River (Minisink).

How could ancient people, even not-so-ancient people, have known about the MA at these locations? Chance? It's a real mystery. Something to think about.

Anyway, great shot and thank you for posting it! Would be interesting to have that site sampled.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great place to try out those Miner mineral rods!

Magnetic anomalies have been associated with ancient cultures sites all over the world. I wonder if the Native Americans had any way to find magnetic north? Sort of like the floating needle on a leaf I saw on one of the Survivor Shows, or was it Naked and Afraid? Hard to remember you don't pay much attention to whatever someone's doing when their Naked!

Since the Indians had no Iron maybe they used a small piece of loadstone?

Just asking......

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Great place to try out those Miner mineral rods!

Magnetic anomalies have been associated with ancient cultures sites all over the world. I wonder if the Native Americans had any way to find magnetic north? Sort of like the floating needle on a leaf I saw on one of the Survivor Shows, or was it Naked and Afraid? Hard to remember you don't pay much attention to whatever someone's doing when their Naked!

Since the Indians had no Iron maybe they used a small piece of loadstone?

Just asking......

Many animals have magnetoreception, including humans. Something about iron crystals in the skull. Men seem to have higher concentrations than women. Less direction asking ability also. :)

I was looking at the wire in the video clip with a rock tied to it. Not a bad way to trace out a large, near perfect circle on the ground.

The current and historical imagery on GoogleEarth shows no indication of the wheel. It could only have been made after the last GE sat fly by. Jan 8, 2014.

coyotegal

Greenie
Dec 6, 2013
Copper Corridor, Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love the show! But, I'll be honest, when I watched the first episode, I found myself feeling a little disappointed because some of it didn't match what I know about it. I mentioned this to my old man and he looked at me like I was stupid and say's, "I think it great! Its a made for tv show, and it's gotta be exciting and dramatic. The actors sign contracts which means they do what the producers tell them to do. Did you really think they were just gonna follow those guys around and wait for something really interesting to happen? It would take years of filming to do one episode if they did!"... Then he laughed at me and told me to quit pouting.
Made me feel kind of silly, after all, I've said it or thought it about every other reality show I watch at one point or another, so what in the world made me think this would be any different. Maybe its the treasure hunter in me that wanted to believe it would be a 'real' - reality show so maybe I could catch something I didn't already know about and find the gold myself....lol....
Having watched the rest of the series with my new outlook, I think it's one of the coolest shows I've ever seen. I really enjoyed watching these guys put on a show!
And really, we cant expect them to give up their secrets to the whole world.
I ask, how many of us would give up ours?
Besides, do we really want the world to know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

I doubt it!

Happy Hunting all :)

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many animals have magnetoreception, including humans. Something about iron crystals in the skull. Men seem to have higher concentrations than women. Less direction asking ability also. :)

I was looking at the wire in the video clip with a rock tied to it. Not a bad way to trace out a large, near perfect circle on the ground.

The current and historical imagery on GoogleEarth shows no indication of the wheel. It could only have been made after the last GE sat fly by. Jan 8, 2014.

By Golly Hal,

You have just found what we like to call a smoking Gun!

I'll bet that Bat cave was just a Hollywood Stage Prop!

Now we know those guys are suckin on Margarita's livin in good old comfort while their body doubles and stunt men do the show!

That explains it all.

I'd sign that contract wouldn't you?

Hell Ya!

Those magnetoreception crystal concentrations are from the Margarita Salt!

The Tequila helps by raising the PH of the Men's Bodies and the Pheromone's control the women's since of direction from the smell of the cactus juices flowing through the veins of magnetoreceptor crystalized intoxicated northern pointing men!

Classic!

The circle is just a stage prop moved here after the show brought in from the backstage theater at Universal Studio's!

Those guys, I knew it!

Money for nothing and their checks for free.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
By Golly Hal,

You have just found what we like to call a smoking Gun!

I'll bet that Bat cave was just a Hollywood Stage Prop!

Now we know those guys are suckin on Margarita's livin in good old comfort while their body doubles and stunt men do the show!

That explains it all.

I'd sign that contract wouldn't you?

Hell Ya!

Those magnetoreception crystal concentrations are from the Margarita Salt!

The Tequila helps by raising the PH of the Men's Bodies and the Pheromone's control the women's since of direction from the smell of the cactus juices flowing through the veins of magnetoreceptor crystalized intoxicated northern pointing men!

Classic!

The circle is just a stage prop moved here after the show brought in from the backstage theater at Universal Studio's!

Those guys, I knew it!

Money for nothing and their checks for free.

Bill Riley,
In all honesty, no.
Personally, it's not a path that I would have taken.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill Riley,
In all honesty, no.
Personally, it's not a path that I would have taken.

Hal,

I can tell you that the show was not pitched as a fantasyfest. Not to me or anybody involved (as far as I know). I knew there would be a lot of poetic license taken, but I can tell you I don't think Wayne nor Frank knew how it would wind up in the editing room.

Mike

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

I can tell you that the show was not pitched as a fantasyfest. Not to me or anybody involved (as far as I know). I knew there would be a lot of poetic license taken, but I can tell you I don't think Wayne nor Frank knew how it would wind up in the editing room.

Mike

gollum,
Last night I took three trains to visit friends who had watched and recorded the series. Not too long ago, I took their son into the range hoping that the experience would help settle him and rebuild his confidence which, for reasons that are unimportant here, had eroded. It was a great hike, a little hairy at moments, but the kid discovered a new affinity for nature and a new set of skills. Outside of a terrible flight home, the experience, for both of us, was overwhelmingly positive.

When I got to their house last night, the father pulled me aside and said, "What the f..., I don't know why I ever let you take my kid with you on that trip". Surprised, I ask him to explain the sudden change in attitude. He explained that he watched all the episodes in one evening and had no idea just how much danger he was sending his kid into.

He was not talking about the very real inherent dangers which are manageable with a little caution. He was talking about gun slinging murderers, warnings from dark nefarious groups, death traps and the list goes on.
The father is about as smart as they come but with no insight into the history of the SWA, he swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. No matter what I could have said, they now think that I was irresponsible for having taken such a HUGE risk with their son.

I was floored. We saw nature at its best. A flowering desert just coming into color. A landscape unlike any other and parts of history that were lost. Unfortunately, those things were obscured by the dark shadow that program casts. And no matter what I explained, it was real, because it was on television with no disclaimers.

I don't buy the excuse of "entertainment". I have been in that industry for most of my life. What I see is intentional deception and not even a very good effort at that.

So, I am not a fan of the show, being one of the few that have now in fact, been hurt by it.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The father is about as smart as they come but with no insight into the history of the SWA, he swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. No matter what I could have said, they now think that I was irresponsible for having taken such a HUGE risk with their son.

I was floored. We saw nature at its best. A flowering desert just coming into color. A landscape unlike any other and parts of history that were lost. Unfortunately, those things were obscured by the dark shadow that program casts. And no matter what I explained, it was real, because it was on television with no disclaimers.

:goldtrophy:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrmickel1

Please post by our rules, if you can't reply respectively, don't reply...

"If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner."

"You may not.... Impersonate, imitate, pretend to be, or mock another member."

"All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone."

"Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone."

http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
All it needs now is an episode with J Hutton Pulitzer, or Jeffrey Philyaw, or whatever name hes going by on productions nowadays. He was on the Oak Island series too. Maybe "Treasureforce" could solve the mystery. (Sarcasm Sheldon). LOL.

Garry

Apr 19, 2009

Hal, I am a babe in the woods when it comes to Google Earth but I would appreciate your posting the Google Earth image you are talking about. Is the 2014 image the latest version of that area?

I just like to see the evidence first hand. :)

My first thought that it may have been an older peace symbol that was altered to the Wheel configuration by adding some more spokes. I have seen similar, although much smaller, Peace symbols in the Superstitions. Bad speculation!!!!

Thanks,

Garry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread