What's new

New Site...Day 2

Silvermonkey

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
5,617
Reaction score
13,881
Golden Thread
2
Location
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back at the new spot that showed some promise a couple of days ago. No killer finds, but enough to keep my interest:
07.webp

Highlights included: 3 musket balls, a buckle frame ( ? tack buckle), a tombac flat button, and what I thnk is a cut copper.
The buckle frame has some real age to it, and I would guess is mid 1700's.

01.webp03.webp
The " cut copper" is a little less obvious...I think you can see a bust on what would be the obverse. I believe its a British half penny. Its weighs in at 2.5g and is about 26 mm in diameter. Did they even ever cut half pennies? Really not at all sure.


05.webp
06.webp


That's all for now . Not sure how much more this site will give up, but I'll keep trying. Cheers!
 
Upvote 26
Nicely done. Yeah that buckle looks old, maybe even 1600s? Looks like 61 on this chart, but I am only guessing. Congrats!

IMG_9482.webp
 
Nicely done. Yeah that buckle looks old, maybe even 1600s? Looks like 61 on this chart, but I am only guessing. Congrats!

View attachment 2223039
Thanks for posting this chart lenmac65! I would agree. I think that buckle is an oldie for sure. A big Thank You to everyone for your encouraging comments. They are much appreciated.
 
You are on a good spot there Silvermonkey. I've found plenty of half pennies over the years but never a cut one. Very cool find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom