What's new

New Site, Good Site.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a new site with a friend that I loaned my ACE 250 to he has been using it for a while and has found a few wheat pennies and was still waiting for a good find. Ten minutes into the hunt he showed me a standing liberty Quarter and wanted to know what it was. I couldn't believe it , it was coin that has been on my list that I really wanted to find, I was happy for him. He was picking up some wheat pennies and I was getting some clad and a wheat and some odd and ends . It had been about 4 hours from when he had found the Quarter and I got a 92 on the AT Pro to my surprise a good size sliver showed it self, it was a 1929 walking liberty I was pumped , that coin was also on my list. We ended up with the standing Quarter , walking half 1929 D , Rosie 1950, about 10 wheat one a 1952 D and I have not got the dates off of my friends yet, all in all it was a good day.
 

Attachments

  • junk & coins tailgate.webp
    junk & coins tailgate.webp
    88.9 KB · Views: 127
  • coins on pouches.webp
    coins on pouches.webp
    121.2 KB · Views: 139
  • back standing.webp
    back standing.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 138
  • back half standing half.webp
    back half standing half.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 114
  • standing Q in hand.webp
    standing Q in hand.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Deordent can.webp
    Deordent can.webp
    80.4 KB · Views: 142
  • back of 3 sliver.webp
    back of 3 sliver.webp
    76.7 KB · Views: 133
  • front of 3 sliver.webp
    front of 3 sliver.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Standing Q in hand back.webp
    Standing Q in hand back.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 130
One more pic , the uncovering.Standing 50 in dirt.webp
 
Nice. I especially like the 250 finds. A lot of people like to talk it down but it sure is a coin grabber. Bet you're going back.
 
Nice. I especially like the 250 finds. A lot of people like to talk it down but it sure is a coin grabber. Bet you're going back.
I haven't had a chance to use it since I bought it but he has been doing pretty good with it now he has put some time in with it. I will be going back for sure a few times, good hunting.
 
Great site, great finds! Congrats!
 
Congrats on the awesome finds!
 
Holy Cow! A "Standing Liberty" flakefinder. This has been on my list and will probably remain there for awhile, WTG! A great new site indeed.:coins:
 
Excellents Silver finds!! Love the SLQ and Walker. Great hunt!
 
Wow, nice coinage! Still waiting on my first Walking Liberty.... Congratulations!

HH
 
awesome silver!...that's a great hunt! congrats!....love the walker and slq..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom