New Spot, Eagle Breast Plate added to the collection!

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My partner and I had worn out the place we had been hunting for the past month. About 20 other relic hunters helped to wear it out as well. My partner got wind of some more ground being cleared soon close by. He was able to find it, they had just started. They only cleared a small area, bottom part of a hill side and a small flat area of about 2 acres. We showed up before the sun came up and my parted started up on the hill and I started just underneath. He did very well, pulling a lot of eagle and new York buttons and bullets. After a few hours, someone else showed up and went straight to the flat area. After a while, it was time for my partner to share the hillside. He didn't leave me any buttons, I did get some bullets, tent grommets, and leather tacks. I also got a rifle sling hook. Another relic hunter showed up and he joined the other guy in the flat area. We hit that hill side until our detectors went silent :laughing7:. I noticed the woods above us that wasn't bull dozed was full of dug out hut sites, more than I have ever seen. I went in there and was able to pull out 2 eagle buttons. After 5 hours, one of the other guys came over and told he was out, he only came up with one bullet. We decided to go down to the flat area and see if they left us anything. The other guy decided to go into the woods. Not 5 minutes into it, right in the middle of this area, I get a slamming hit. I figured it would just be a beer can, there were a lot of them around, and the other guys had just left it buried, I mean, how could you miss it? And out it came, the emotion that hits when you find something like that is just crazy, especially after a very long day. This is my second one this year, but this one is in much better shape. It has W.H. Smith Brooklyn.

20161204_111806.jpg 20161204_111800.jpg

20161204_145236.jpg

20161205_055047.jpg I still have some cleaning to do on it, if anyone has any suggestion that would be great. I has some pretty tough grit stuck to it. Thanks. HH.

Upvote 33
OP
OP
Jacobsdt

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal, that's what I've done in the past and never had any issues. Good to hear there's still reason out there when land is about to get paved over.
Congrats on that plate. What County if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vote banner, I could see that amazing picture of that plate up top no prob, very good example. :goldtrophy:

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome find. Your heart is pounding and your hands are shaking. You've got to ask yourself " Why do I keep doing this? " Now you know.

OP
OP
Jacobsdt

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good deal, that's what I've done in the past and never had any issues. Good to hear there's still reason out there when land is about to get paved over.
Congrats on that plate. What County if you don't mind me asking?

Stafford, its where I have found most of my relics. A lot of history here.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky man, that's a great place Fred, Stafford to Culpepper what an awesome area. Mineral here.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! Do not clean. Soak in water and use a toothbrush only.

OP
OP
Jacobsdt

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful! Do not clean. Soak in water and use a toothbrush only.[/QUOTE

Thanks, that's what I did. I soaked it and then took a soft brush to it. It does have a rust spot dead center on it, not sure why. Still looks great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread