What's new

New spot gives up barber, assorted goodies and mystery item.

hunting deer

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
565
Reaction score
1,305
Golden Thread
0
Location
West central Indiana.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you all are getting through winter ok. I gained a new permission. A field I'd wanted to hunt for several years. Found the owner and politely asked. Got the ok. Game on. The first hunt I used the 8.5" by 11" coil and got an 1864 Two Cent Piece, two indian's, two 1920 wheat's, an initial token, two small crotal bells. Some kind of decorative brass item that says Mackinac Island on top. At the bottom it reads Fort Mackinac, August 23d, 1905. No idea. I tried to look it up and thought the date would help but I'm still clueless. Also some kind of button looking item with what looks to be an oriental woman on the front. No idea. There were a lot of site finds. A clay marble, broken pipe, porcelain arm, miniature porcelain pitchers. Also saw what looked like a modern plastic button. I almost tossed it but remembered reading about hard rubber buttons being found on a civil war site. It's got a good year back mark. Google says it's a fish eye sew through.Goodyear Hard Rubber Buttons Fisheye Goodyears P T 1851 | eBay I went back the next day with my 5" by 8" coil to pick throu the iron. I got a barber dime :hello2: that was hiding and another indian. Also another small crotal bell. I'm hoping I can pull some more stuff out in the spring. Good Hunting! 100_16481_zpsupqv72wa.webp100_16471_zps4cktrmtb.webp100_16501_zpslr9ssfgh.webp100_16551_zpspy8u6411.webp100_16691_zpsmxfd6vvd.webp100_16661_zpswztai9om.webp100_16561_zpstpmrj7vx.webp100_16591_zpsy5aw7kx2.webp100_16581_zpszqjvergz.webp100_16571_zpsn8s5p9ha.webp100_16611_zps6ceg7pjt (1).webp100_16511_zpsklbfqcfl.webp100_16521_zpszr40zbah.webp100_16531_zpspemmr2nt.webp100_16761_zpsc99s0xqp.webp100_16781_zps7iitnb8w.webp100_16741_zpst5xuftry.webp2.webp
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 30
100_16811_zps5mw2yso8.webp100_16821_zpsiyjllqqv.webp Here's both sides.
Super hunt with all the interesting relics.

Can I ask if you could clean this escutcheon to see if it is casted, rather than stamped, and if it has any hand stamped decorations? It looks very old, and I am curious about it :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom