Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an old place on the maps a few weeks ago that looked awesome. Well I couldn't hunt because of all the snow and then all the rain we've had. Thursday was a beautiful day in the 60's so I made the drive to see what I could luck up on. My first target was a War Nickel and right after I dug a Washington and a Merc. I hunted the place hard for about three hours and had a great time digging all the old coins that were deep down. I had a good feeling about this spot since it's in a remote area but you never know if a place has been hunted hard over the years. I haven't dug a silver quarter in months and got three from there. I was excited to see the Barber quarter for sure. Everything besides clad was 6"-9" deep and I was using the Ultimate coil on the Etrac. HH David

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456023242.543613.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456023306.606588.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456023395.602075.jpg

Upvote 49

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooper nice! All those keepers in one hunt? :notworthy: As doninbrewster said, looks like a virgin site.
I would make a nice display frame to never forget that day. Go back some more are certainly waiting for your coil! :thumbsup: HH!

Last edited:

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
If all that is from a 3 hour hunt, you can bet spending a couple days there is going to add plenty more finds. I wouldn't sleep a wink until I was back there. Congrats on your new honey-hole :occasion14:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a killer place Soops! Love it man

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done , some really nice coins in there !

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the great comments. I went back there for a few hours today and the finds were slow. I did get two more Mercs, a War nickel along with a handful of wheaties. The best thing was a very old Chinese coin.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy silver !!!!! Great finds ! Love how green those Indians look, man they're bright green in those photos! Congrats and happy hunting

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done SD! I am a coin guy, and that is a really, really nice pile of coins.

That one pic would be a good month for me. Wow. Congrats.

Last edited:

Jonnythack

Jun 22, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesio/ minelab XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What maps do you use? I am trying to find a good map to look for old places to hunt in my area. Thank you!!!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy silver !!!!! Great finds ! Love how green those Indians look, man they're bright green in those photos! Congrats and happy hunting

Thanks Diggin Dude! The Indians come out with that pretty green patina here most of the time. They get a little more crusty in fertilized fields.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well done SD! I am coin go, and that is a really, really nice pile of coins.

That one pic would be a good month for me. Wow. Congrats.

Thanks Tom! I am lucky to run up on a site that hasn't been completely cleaned out from time to time. These sites are getting harder and harder to find these days.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What maps do you use? I am trying to find a good map to look for old places to hunt in my area. Thank you!!!

Hey Johnny, I use a combo of Sanborn maps. Historic Map Works etc.. to look for old sites

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread