New spot productive, decent so far...

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
Hey everyone,
Got out today for a bit before getting washed and hit a spot I haven't tried yet and was pleased with the results. First target was a toasted,holed large cent (probably a Draped Bust due to leaf and berry wreath pattern) and I also managed a typical buckle,a draw pull(?)and a tiny ornate case of some kind(probably women's makeup) that has a ray pattern with little jewel in the middle. Tomorrow I may go back for round two but not before I pick up my new Xterra 705!!! I love new toys, don't you? :icon_biggrin:
Thanks for looking and always swing for the fences! :sunny:

Upvote 0
That LC may clean up nice. Would like to see pics after. Obverse and reverse. :headbang: Hogge

hogge said:
That LC may clean up nice. Would like to see pics after. Obverse and reverse. :headbang: Hogge
Thanks Hogge, that IS the after pic unfortunately. I used hydro and I should have known better because it was thin when I pulled it and in harsh soil conditions. The black patina came off immediately in the hydro taking the detail with it :(. I can just barely make out part of the "ONE CENT" on the reverse and parts of the wreath. I pulled a fried wheatie as well and a clad quarter that was black and orange.

Great hunt ...congrats ! :thumbsup:
H

HISPAN said:
Great hunt ...congrats ! :thumbsup:
H
Thanks! Went back out there today and lost my lesche getting chased (and stung) by hornets! :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back