new spot

rivernomad44

Feb 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i ran into an old friend the other week and he told me about his family land in edgefield sc, its about 550 acres along stevens creek and not far from the savanna river, so i asked if i could look around and went up there today, he showed me where they see some stuff and nobody has ever really cared about collecting and can come and do whatever anytime, i only looked at about 25 sq yard on top of this hill and got some really cool stuff but have alot of questions about also, so tell me what yall think thanks 058.jpg

well done but diff shapes 022.jpg 024.jpg knife/scraper and ? 026.jpg 028.jpg not sure.. 045.jpg just thought were cool 033.jpg 039.jpg 081.jpg 082.jpg

Attachments

• 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good on the points. Can I go with you next time? The 2nd from the bottom I am not sure on and the 3rd from the bottom. The rest look good man!

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You found all of that surface hunting on a little hill? Dude that's awesome.

Will he let you dig there? I'll bet it's loaded.

OP
OP
R

rivernomad44

Feb 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks rock of coarse u can, so u think those 3 quarts are points ? i thought the middle one might be a graver but broke idk , what about the piece4 pics down in middle ?

OP
OP
R

rivernomad44

Feb 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hey scotto yeah man he said i can dig and do whatever

N

natchitoches

way to go, looks like you found you a killer new place to hunt

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, nothing like finding a new spot.

dlos

Jul 12, 2011
Definitely some potential there! Keep lookin. Do they still farm the land? Any chance you can ask him/them to plow it for you?

OP
OP
R

rivernomad44

Feb 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thank yall, to say im excited about this land is a understatement, finally got my spot that hasnt been hit up for years and picked through not really farm but have quit a few food plots i thought about that i think he would probably do it , comin up the back side of the plateau just had a bunch of dirt pushed up on side of trail to help logging trucks get up it, but i havent made it that far yet

OP
OP
R

rivernomad44

Feb 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
is it? i thought that the whole weekend while i was campin out there but when i finally got home and cleaned it saw that it looked like it was made with perfect semi circle base and especially on bottom right of pic looks like wear from use, but i deff trust your assessment im not familiar with that style base

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a Morrow Mountain type point I believe. JG would know best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread