New Supreme Court could come into play with Rinehart dredging decision

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Rinehart case is in the California supreme court PEOPLE V RINEHART | Defending our Federal Rights to Mine!

however with out Justice Scalia on the US Supreme Court we could see some cases becoming deadlocked.

one of his last deciding votes;
EPA must consider cost—including cost of compliance—before deciding whether regulation is appropriate and necessary.
the EPA should not decide to adopt expensive new regulations without first considering what implementing those rules would cost them.(states)
In essence, via the decision in Michigan v. Environmental Protection Agency, the Supreme Court told the coal industry (in a 5 to 4 vote), "You're right." Justice Antonin Scalia wrote the majority opinion. http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/14-46_10n2.pdf

Jeff Holmstead the attorney representing utilities said it could affect future EPA regulations, businesses may now cite this ruling to insist that the EPA wait for the courts before enforcing new rules. "While you're going through that process [of litigation]," he says, "you need to put the regulation on hold.

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I sure noticed that the politicos were all up in arms about the possibility of Obama appointing a replacement. Considering how much of the public lands have been turned into National "Monuments" during his terms in office I for one am worried he will appoint some bleeding heart as a replacement that happens to be a card carrying environut as well. THAT would be the worst case for miners at all levels IMHO.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He'll never appoint anyone. His goal will be to make it lean left and Congress will never allow it. No new justice until after the election. Bank on it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread