NEW "Thread" on Fincastle, Va.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wife & I are gonna visit Father Steve in Fincastle, Va., soon. DYK...? Fincastle was known as the GATEWAY to the WEST; OLD Botetourt County "back then" went ALL the way, (WESTERN Territory) MORE than 600 MILES to the shores of the Mississippi River! Thence, TJB & Associates went NORTH on the M.R. to St. LOO; town FULL of FRENCH ppl "connected" to "The French" of New Orleans... including PIRATES/Privateers! Once, St. Loo was known as New Orleans, NORTH as a Territory; George Rogers Clark (of Corps of Discovery, Thomas Jefferson; 1803) was GOVERNOR! :icon_thumleft: :coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OLD "Thread" on Fincastle, Va. has been CLOSED.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ANYWAY, Fincastle, Va. is "SOURCE", of the BBP; James Beverly Risque, Thomas Beale, Sr. & family, Judy Hancock (who married GRC & died young)...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANYWAY, Fincastle, Va. is "SOURCE", of the BBP; James Beverly Risque, Thomas Beale, Sr. & family, Judy Hancock (who married GRC & died young)...

That is a hard place to get into, the courthouse you have to enter it through the back entrance. Once inside no help, you are on your own. Very difficult to find anything. Watch entering town they have a school district which they can change the light for speed limits while you are in the zone. Posted 45, they changed it on me to 25 after I had already passed the 45. Had my speedometer working fine and another speedometer on my gps, still gave me a ticket. That has been years ago.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That is a hard place to get into, the courthouse you have to enter it through the back entrance. Once inside no help, you are on your own. Very difficult to find anything. Watch entering town they have a school district which they can change the light for speed limits while you are in the zone. Posted 45, they changed it on me to 25 after I had already passed the 45. Had my speedometer working fine and another speedometer on my gps, still gave me a ticket. That has been years ago.
THANKS for the warning...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Fincastle, Va. WAS Fincastle COUNTY, Va. that extended all the way to "Old Muddy"... SOUTH to New Orleans went Thomas Beale, Jr.; later followed by his son, Thomas Beale, Jr. Hmmm...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
TJB & Associates went NORTH on "Old Muddy" to St. Loo; gathering MORE Associates, who elected TJB, CAPTAIN... "Oh Captain, My Captain"! Heh.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MUST be the Route of Lewis & Clark's Corp of Discovery; Clark had to see his HONEY, Miss Julia HANCOCK (John HANCOCK of DOI), AND! Mrs. James Beverly Risque was a HANCOCK... thus, Miss Julia WAS his niece via his wife. Clark & Hancock did marry AFTER the L & C Expedition, and Miss Julia died young; Clark became GOVERNOR of the newly purchased Louisiana Territory.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUST be the Route of Lewis & Clark's Corp of Discovery; Clark had to see his HONEY, Miss Julia HANCOCK (John HANCOCK of DOI), AND! Mrs. James Beverly Risque was a HANCOCK... thus, Miss Julia WAS his niece via his wife. Clark & Hancock did marry AFTER the L & C Expedition, and Miss Julia died young; Clark became GOVERNOR of the newly purchased Louisiana Territory.

Mrs. James Beverly Risque was actually a Kennerly but her mother was George Hancock's sister.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found the person that purchased the lot where the Washington Hotel stood. He purchased in 1788, I hope to trace the deeds from the beginning to see who built the house or the hotel and to see if it was ever sold or leased to Robert Morriss. Wish me luck.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
From Fincastle, Va., BOTH the Lewis & Clark Expedition, AND! The Virginians with TJB went to St. Louis, Mo. The guys coming back with TJB with the load of "Treasure" COULD have been from the Upper Goose Valley, while the REST of Associates from St. Louis, Mo. stayed out WEST. YET! TWO Associates went on to Richmond, Va., area, while TJB stayed at the WASHINGTON HOUSE with RM "Over-Winter"... hmmm.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Mrs. James Beverly Risque was actually a Kennerly but her mother was George Hancock's sister.

...and Julia Hancock (not directly related to DOI John Hancock of Mass.) married William Clark of Lewis & Clark, not his older brother George Rogers Clark as mentioned in Post#1 of this thread.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Correct. Had the wrong "Clark"; it was wrong from the "info" that I got it from. "Good Eye"! As far as for "Sweet Julia"... ALL in the family, of John Hancock; ANYWAY. R & I indicated that JBR "protected" her as his NIECE! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread