DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will shortly be buying a new set of tires for my truck and I just wanted to get a bunch of opinions about what brand of tires you all like or dislike. My truck came with 245/75 R16 mudder tires on it and I am about to lose my mind. Travelling between 35 and 45 MPH they are so loud that it quickly gives me a headache. I have to travel at those speeds for several miles every day in pretty heavy traffic and frequently have people look at my tires with a displeased look and then look at me the same way. I guess the noise must be at least as bad for them when I pull along beside them. It's so bad that it will completely drown out the radio. If you don't mind please tell me what brands you are satisfied with.

Thank you in advance.
DANGLANGLEY

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you want are all terrain radials. A few years ago, I had a long wheelbased Dodge W150 ( 1/2 ton 4 wheeldrive pickup) and found some very good A/T Radials at PEP BOYS in Oklahoma City. You'll want them in loadrange "C". (carries heavier loads). I put a slide-in over-the-cab camper on the truck; drove it to Mississippi; and put many more miles on them. They had very good wear resistance and no bad highway noise. The tread pattern still gave good traction off-road, but are not real good for mudding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread