✅ SOLVED New to collecting, could use a more experienced eye

mshively

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the on a creek walk in KY. It is about 2 1/2" long. I've been doing some reading and research, but don't have the experience to recognize when tis was made. Amy opinions.
arb.JPG
arc.JPG

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet! You are on the right track as to finding the artifacts that have been worked. As for your item in question, it is difficult to properly identify a point without the base. That is a really nice start and I would suggest that you continue to search that stream and the area along the bank also if it is farmed.

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to tnet! You are on the right track as to finding the artifacts that have been worked. As for your item in question, it is difficult to properly identify a point without the base. That is a really nice start and I would suggest that you continue to search that stream and the area along the bank also if it is farmed.

Yes welcome. What this man said. Most of the time, the base (which is missing) is the most important piece of the puzzle when trying to ID a piece such as that. It does look like the tip of a knife though and has a random flaking pattern. Keep looking there. I'm sure there's more to be found.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome in. Thank the Great Spirit we have a new collector that already has THE EYE!! No more rocks YAY!!!!?

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find that would have been a killer knife , without the base not sure you could ID the type or age but if I had to guess the overall shape and flaking remind of archaic blades

OP
OP
M

mshively

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JUST posted a few new pieces, and still needing lots of help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread