What's new

New to CRH

alanlee87

Greenie
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I've looked at this site for awhile now and just made an account today.

I just started CRH again. I originally started with pennies a few years ago... doing like $75 a week. Now I'm doing halves and getting about a box or two a week.

I haven't found much... but here is what I've found:

From Boxes:
$1000- 1 40%.

From Customer Rolled / Teller Trays:
$335- 1 90% 3 40%

I just got 2 boxes today and $100 in customer wrapped rolls. So far I've looked through about $300 and nothing.

A lot of the coins I look through from the boxes have marked coins.

I get the boxes from my bank (Chase) and they come in these flat boxes and are wrapped in yellow/white rolls. Anyone have an idea of how to get different boxes?

Also any tips for a newcomer? I've seen a lot of people get some nice boxes but so far the stuff I've looked through have been slim.

I go to school in Utah, I hear the west coast has some bad findings. When I lived in NY, I found like 1 Franklin, 3 64 Kennedys and 5 40% in about the 2 boxes that I did over there.

thanks,

HH
Alan

P.S. A bank I went to had 3 large Eisenhower Dollars (all clad), I thought they were cool so I got them.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome Noob, Your finds are not bad for the quantity searched. There are no absolutes to this crazy addiction. In my 3 years of hunting, the flat boxes have always outproduced the double stack boxes. With persistence you will hit the mother lode, it happens to a lot of us.

You will see a lot of dogs marking their territories also. Marked coins are a royal pain in the a$$ but they come with the searching.
Please don't follow their lead and mark your coins.

Good luck with your searching. Jim
 
you must be persistant and you will find the silver. I have been doing pretty well since I started. Iam busy working this month, and had to stop for awhile two weeks so far and it feels alot longer. but i will hit it hard next month. just keep at it and it will come.
 
i agree, your finds imo are pretty good for the amount searched...i hope you do start pulling more silver though, cuz the more the merrier! keep it up and hh!
 
So I finished the 2 boxes.

Out of 104.50 of CWR/Teller Trays: Nothing

1st Box had: 1 40%
2nd Box had: 1 90% (Franklin) and 1 40%

The Franklin was a 1948 and the 40% were both 1967.

Towards the end of the first box I was getting really discouraged and wanted to give up but I kept going and on the 3rd to last roll I got the 1st 40%. Then I had more enthusiasm to search the 2nd box, the other 40% came and then a few rolls later, the Franklin.

It's not that much but some is better than none!

Until next weeks boxes!

HH,

Alan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom