cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Question. Where can I create a post asking a technical question?

Thanks Again.

8-)
Jerry
Welcome aboard! What subject is your tech question? You might try the Tech Talk section. There are others that might be more appropriate or get more response depending the subject and nature of the question.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from S.E.Arkansas. As cudamark said,Tech Talk or General Discussion might work too.If it,s about a specific detector there,s a forum "brands" where you can post a question about your detector.Happy hunting.

kamogawa

May 29, 2011
Just saying hi. This looks like a GREAT site/forum. Looking forward to learning and participating. Using Simplex +

:-)
Hi from Mobile, Alabama! Wishing you a great start with your new Simplex. There are dozens of great "Simplex Detector " videos on YouTube. In particular, you will want to put some time into learning how to sweep the search coil correctly. This will help you maximize your finds. Use a smaller digger as opposed to a shovel which can easily frighten a lot of people when they see you using it. One glimpse of a shovel can get a lot of detecting permissions denied. Try and read a lot of postings from the older detecting veterans. This should help a lot. Keep us updated on some of your detector outings.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Jerry. My grandson also just got a Simplex. Pretty easy to use so far and he is learning new stuff each time we hit the beach. Practice, practice, and practice some more. There is a Simplex Forum in the manufacturers forums. Hope that helps.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hey welcome from Milwaukee! Tons of places to detect in our area. Send me a pm if you ever want to detect together. Been at this hobby since 2017. Great way to spend an afternoon.

OP
OP
P
Jun 17, 2022
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex Waterproof Detector with 11" Coil
Welcome aboard! What subject is your tech question? You might try the Tech Talk section. There are others that might be more appropriate or get more response depending the subject and nature of the question.
Thanks alot! The subject of my question is a general survey of at what depth are coins generally found in various terrains by experienced detectorists. Of course coins can be found at any depth in any terrain. I was just looking for input as to where they are most often found.

OP
OP
P
Jun 17, 2022
Detector(s) used
Hi from Mobile, Alabama! Wishing you a great start with your new Simplex. There are dozens of great "Simplex Detector " videos on YouTube. In particular, you will want to put some time into learning how to sweep the search coil correctly. This will help you maximize your finds. Use a smaller digger as opposed to a shovel which can easily frighten a lot of people when they see you using it. One glimpse of a shovel can get a lot of detecting permissions denied. Try and read a lot of postings from the older detecting veterans. This should help a lot. Keep us updated on some of your detector outings.
Thanks alot and thanks for the great advice esp regarding a shovel. :-)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks alot! The subject of my question is a general survey of at what depth are coins generally found in various terrains by experienced detectorists. Of course coins can be found at any depth in any terrain. I was just looking for input as to where they are most often found.
I've been detecting now for over 52 years and I still haven't figured that out yet! :laughing7: Seriously, it's totally site dependent. I've found Roman coins on top of the ground and zinc cents a foot down. So much has to do with the type of sand or soil, the amount of rain that site gets, the kind of traffic over the site, and the type and amount of landscaping that has been done over the years. Once you start hunting a site, you can get an idea as to where the "good" targets are, and maybe hunt by depth in conjunction with the target I.D.

OP
OP
P
Jun 17, 2022
Detector(s) used
I've been detecting now for over 52 years and I still haven't figured that out yet! :laughing7: Seriously, it's totally site dependent. I've found Roman coins on top of the ground and zinc cents a foot down. So much has to do with the type of sand or soil, the amount of rain that site gets, the kind of traffic over the site, and the type and amount of landscaping that has been done over the years. Once you start hunting a site, you can get an idea as to where the "good" targets are, and maybe hunt by depth in conjunction with the target I.D.
Thanks for your reply. Do you focus on beach and/or other terrains?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread