TheLittleMan
Jr. Member
Since moving back to Asia, I've had very little time to detect back on my home turf in the gool ol' USA. The summer of 2025 gave me 2 months in WI, MN, and MI (with a short stop in UT).
Best find for me from the first half of the season was this 1937 German 2 Reichsmark from an abandoned yard in Western Wisconsin. I wrote an article of all my finds from early 2025 here.


In the second half of the summer, I found my first silver half-dollar at an old football field in Central Wisconsin---and it was a winner in my book, a 1917 Walking Liberty Half. I likewise wrote an article about all my finds from late 2025 here.


I also had the joy of recovering my friend's wedding ring from a lake after 2 years of his figuring it lost. I'm not too adept at water detecting, so it was a thrill to find it after a few dunks. I painted him a watercolor thank-you for the weekend. Fun times. There's a Facebook video of the recovery with a legit cheering crowd, but I don't know if that's shareable.


Anyhow, it was great summer, albeit short. I've got another 2 months coming up this summer, so I'm looking forward to finding some more prizes in the good ol' Midwest.
Best find for me from the first half of the season was this 1937 German 2 Reichsmark from an abandoned yard in Western Wisconsin. I wrote an article of all my finds from early 2025 here.


In the second half of the summer, I found my first silver half-dollar at an old football field in Central Wisconsin---and it was a winner in my book, a 1917 Walking Liberty Half. I likewise wrote an article about all my finds from late 2025 here.


I also had the joy of recovering my friend's wedding ring from a lake after 2 years of his figuring it lost. I'm not too adept at water detecting, so it was a thrill to find it after a few dunks. I painted him a watercolor thank-you for the weekend. Fun times. There's a Facebook video of the recovery with a legit cheering crowd, but I don't know if that's shareable.


Anyhow, it was great summer, albeit short. I've got another 2 months coming up this summer, so I'm looking forward to finding some more prizes in the good ol' Midwest.
Upvote
0







