New to hunting,,,looking for people to hunt with on Oak Island NC Area.

hay marko, we live in the fayetteville area and go down to the beach to hunt. we usually go to sunset beach but ive heard that oak island can be very good. i have a beach hunter id that i bought last spring. we dont get out nearly as much as we wish but with the tourist gone and the price of gas back down maybe we can get there soon. what type of machine do you use?

Hello.... I have a whites mxt, i was out today for a few hours. I am only 4 blocks from the beach so whenever i get some free time i just walk down and start hunting. Give me a shout when you are in the area, Oak Island has 12 miles of beaches that are ripe for hunting.

Marko [email protected]

Hi Marko:

I'm interested, I live in Durham, NC.. a 3.5 hr drive but it might be nice to make a weekend out of it and stay overnight in a hotel and detect all weekend. I use a Minelab Explorer II.. I'm very new to detecting and am still strugling with the machine but having a great time.

Jerry

MARKO2465 said:
Hello.... I have a whites mxt, i was out today for a few hours. I am only 4 blocks from the beach so whenever i get some free time i just walk down and start hunting. Give me a shout when you are in the area, Oak Island has 12 miles of beaches that are ripe for hunting.

Marko? ? [email protected]

Marko, I live in the Supply area, near Holden Beach. There's another fella near by that works on the Ferry out of Southport. He might respond soon.

I was in the Four Oaks area near the Bentonville battleground today, hunting on a friends property for some Civil War artifacts. Found some junk and what looks like a fired mini-ball. It was a piece of lead about the right size and mushroomed like a bullet that had hit something. It was a huge cultivated field that would take a group of club member, a long time to hunt out, if ever.

My friend is now looking to get his own metal detector.

Hi Marko, I stay in Wilmington.I;ve been thinking of checking out that area a bit.Maybe we can get together sometime.I know this areas beaches pretty well also.If you're in the Wilmington area I can show you some spots to check out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back