What's new

New to Indian Artifacts

Minkey

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
57
Reaction score
113
Golden Thread
1
Location
Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, my dad and I walked along a dry creek bed looking for artifacts. This is what we came up with. I believe the two on the right are arrow heads but the middle on doesn't have grooves. The far left one looks like a broken larger tool but I'm not sure. Any information on these would be great! Thanks for reading!
 

Attachments

  • 20140408_202136.webp
    20140408_202136.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes third one is pretty I would b going back to that spot ;)
 
What state are you in? The third one is made from Knife River Flint. The flint comes from Montana and is found in a lot of states. It is a very sought after material for collectors in the Midwest! The point in my Avatar picture is also Knife River. Very nice point!
 
What state are you in? The third one is made from Knife River Flint. The flint comes from Montana and is found in a lot of states. It is a very sought after material for collectors in the Midwest! The point in my Avatar picture is also Knife River. Very nice point!

Knife River Flint comes from a well known quarry in North Dakota. It is found often in surrounding states though.
 
Knife River Flint comes from a well known quarry in North Dakota. It is found often in surrounding states though.

You are right quito...my bad , thanks for the correction!
 
Here are a few examples of the flint that I have collected over the years.

DSCN3754.webp
 
We live in south central Kentucky. Hopefully we will have more to show tomorrow!
 
Nice find and keep hunting that spot you will find more:thumbsup:
 
Went out again today and found an arrowhead, broken tip, and some of what I believe to be knife river (correct me if I'm wrong). There's a picture of the site where we have been finding the artifacts. Also, I would like to know any techniques you guys use while hunting. Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1037.webp
    IMG_1037.webp
    114.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1039.webp
    IMG_1039.webp
    90.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1041.webp
    IMG_1041.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1045.webp
    IMG_1045.webp
    288.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 20140409_132842_Richtone(HDR).webp
    20140409_132842_Richtone(HDR).webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 135
nice looking finds and hunting spot. it helps if you actually look at the water when it rains or rite after. There should be a current drag that goes across the bar that should be the best spot. rite where the current would be after the water goes down.
 
Upper left is Knife River and the smaller chips may be as well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom