New to metal detecting in IL.

br47

Mar 26, 2011
Hi all new member here. I have been interested in metal detecting for awhile now. Have had one for several years and really haven't used it for more than looking in my back yard and digging up bottle caps and other junk. I live near Joliet and are really interested in getting out and looking at other places. I am looking to start over the summer when I come home from school. Can you detect at parks and playgrounds? I know Dellwood Park in Lockport banned the use, but what about other parks? Thanks.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you here Br , and you will have to check your area for the rules . Some towns let you detect in there parks and some do not .
If I where you I would check for a local Detecting club to join , that way you will find others to go out and hunt with and you will be able to find out the areas where you can detect and not get into trouble.

But glad to see you here on T-Net .

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about the rules in your area but I'm sure Lowbatts or someone else hear can give you some info. Welcome to the madness.
HH
John

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I know there's a club down your way, don't have contact info. But they're your best bet on area rules and background info for local sites and getting some experienced field time under your coil.

Welcome aboard!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions