new to panning have questions about first outing.

scott smithe

Nov 11, 2022
I live in south eastern washington and went out panning for the first time yesterday went to one of the local rivers didnt find much of anything till my last stop I found a bunch of silver flakes with a little gold looking flakes just offshore and mostly on top of the riverbed after most the day being a bust grabbed my shovel put a couple scoops in and headed home. Once home did some separating and found the silver flakers non magnetic and decided to throw some in my crucible and hit it with the propane torch got then let it cool overnight then this morning i found about 90% of the silver flakes had turned gold any ideas would be much appreciated as this was my first time out and i didnt even really plan on digging anything but figured why not. look forward to getting to know some people and this fun new hobby im just confused about what this could be.

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big props for getting out and trying🤘
I've been wanting to do the same around here🤠

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in south eastern washington...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Washington for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread